🏒 Pillows ⛸️

(A/n: Please listen to the above song called 'Symphony' by Zara Larson.)

*Trigger Warning*

"I am here for you; just like you are there for me. Whatever it is you wish to say, I'll hear you, be by your side and not once will I ever judge you, Azure."

Hearing those words from Ice pained Jun's heart. 'Where were you when I needed someone to bare my heart out to? Where were you when I was all alone as darkness lurked within me? I wish I had known you back then, maybe today would have been bearable.'

"Azure?"

"I was in medically induced coma for about three months after my accident. My body wasn't responding well to the pain and the doctors decided this was best course of action for me. To let my body stimulate to the amputation.

"When I woke up, I was completely at loss of what had happened. For a player, whose life depended on his legs, to find one of them missing, my entire world collapsed at that second. For major part I was in denial. I refused to acknowledge this truth. Every second I felt this was all horrible nightmare where next moment I would wake up and shrug it off."

Jun felt Ice's warm hand on his and without much thought he banded their fingers together.

"But it wasn't a nightmare. It was all real. I couldn't bear it and everything just spiralled down from there."

"Why didn't you let me die? I was better off dead than live like this? Why did you choose the option of amputing my leg?" Jun lashed out on his uncle and brother

Contempt was evident in his voice and pain swirlled in his eyes. There was no way out. He was trapped forever. What more was there for him? Not wanting to see his brother and uncle; Jun spat out in anger, "Get out!"

He knew his words and action pained them. They didn't deserve his wrath, but this was the only way he could cry without shedding an ounce of tear. It had been ten days since he regained his senses and not a day went by where he wasn't rude to them. Yet, they stayed. They were his family.

Jun sensed his brother placing an apple next to him; Chen replied softly, "Having you in my life in any way possible is better than not having you at all." Those words pierced Jun. "You may hate me for the rest of your life, I will accept that. You don't wish to see my face, I will accept that too. But not seeing you alive, I can't have that."

With that uncle and Chen left Jun to his misery. It was first time in ten days he cried his heart out.