🏒Goal⛸️

"What happened, Wei Ying?" Jun inquired as he safely came to a halt by the side of the road. 

Frantically, Xian thrust his phone into Jun's hand and said, "I am so sorry, Lan Zhan. So sorry." 

With a frown, Jun scrolled through the news, and his blood turned cold. He could not believe the contents. He was less worried about himself and more about Xian. The latter didn't need all this drama. He had a match, and his only goal should be to win it.

Handing Xian's phone back to him, Jun quickly took out his own. If the paparazzi knew where they were playing, nothing would stop them from going to the main house at the sanctuary. 

He tried calling Mr. and Ms. Lee, but to no avail. They weren't answering his calls. 

Vaguely, he heard Xian talking to Val, but before he could ask for any information on their scenario, his call to Jay connected. 

"Boss?"

Jun filled Jay in on the paparazzi situation and suggested, "Jay, Mr. and Ms. Lee aren't picking up my calls. So, I need you to drive to the main house and check up on them. Also, close the main gates, inform the sheriff, and ask for reinforcements." 

"Okay boss. Are you coming back?"

"Yes. I'll catch a cab right away and be there in an hour. Until then, just keep everyone safe. Watch out for Kuku; she is pregnant, and don't ask her to wander towards the main house. Call the rest of the guys and ask everyone to be safe in the quarters."

"Sure thing, boss."

"Thanks." Pocketing his phone back, Jun turned to face Xian, who was now standing close to the driver's door, and said, "Get in. I'll drive you home." 

"What?" Jun was shocked. "Wei Ying, you need to get to the arena as soon as possible. Your match starts soon, and you can't afford to waste time by 
driving back and forth. We've already travelled half the distance. It would
be tough for you to get to the arena on time if you drive me back."

With a determined gait, Xian was in front of him and gently cupped his face and said, "If it weren't for you, I wouldn't even be here. Let me drive you back. It's the least I could do. Val's aware of my plan, and he will do everything in his power to help us, even if it means I am unable to reach on time, I'll still get to play in the second half. Right now, let's get you back home, and then I'll proceed to the arena."

Jun knew there was no time to waste and was quickly on board with Xian's plan. He just hoped that, in the end, this would not hinder Xian's road to success.

"I'll get down here." They were just outside the road leading to the main house. Jun placed his hand over Xian's and shook his head. "You need to get back. You've come this far, and from here on, I'll manage on my own. They want to see me, and they will get to see me. If you go up there with me, they will create utter chaos for you."

"But-"

"Wei Ying." Jun's voice shook with a slight tremor. "I want you to play. I want you to wear your jersey and play for all those who have their hopes tied to you. Play like you never have before. Play for your dream, the one you saw as a child. Play for yourself."

Leaning forward, this time it was Jun who placed a soft kiss on Xian's nose and smiled. Without another word, he got out of the car and made his way towards the main house, and not once did he look back.

 Without another word, he got out of the car and made his way towards the main house, and not once did he look back