🏒Excerpt⛸️

"Welcome to the team, Xian." Leon gave Xian a fist bump. "To celebrate your joining the team, we have arranged for a small party, and the boys will be here soon."

"Thank you, captain." Xian was glad that he was discharged before the playoffs began for the season. He was sure that they'd keep him as a substitute for this season, but nonetheless, to still be able to practise and learn their techniques would be awesome.

"Boys! Here." Leon called out, and like ants ready to devour sugar, they surrounded Xian.

He wasn't worried because he often met them via video call, so he knew these guys were an enthusiastic bunch. He hadn't met their youngest forward yet, Sharon Li.

Over the course of the evening, Leon called out to someone, and when he joined the table they had occupied, Leon asked Sharon Li to take the empty seat next to Xian.

Xian had just taken a bite of his bread when the man next to him took his seat, and Xian was sure that after Lan Zhan, if there was another beautiful man born, it was this guy.

The pictures didn't do Sharon Li any justice.

Chinese mother and French father—both genetics had created the epitome of beauty.

"Hi, you must be Wei Wuxian. I am Sharon Li. Nice to meet you."

The guy sported a small man bun, had sleek eyes, small lips, and tanned skin due to constantly playing under the sun, but above all, he wore big round glasses that looked adorable.

Shaking his hand, Xian smiled, "I have seen all your games. I'm glad to be on the same team as you."

For a moment Sharon Li appraised him silently, and the next second he grinned and said, "From one fellow Asian to another, though I have been born and brought up in France, you can call me by my birth name."

"Oh?"

"Xie Lian."

Toasting the newfound friendship between them, Xian called out, "To us, Xie Lian."

"To us, Wei Wuxian."

"Coach Lan

"Coach Lan." Marcus was excited to have the veteran amongst them, and along with him, the rest of the team was eager to start their training.

The Paralympic Ice Hockey team was ready for their next season, and after a lot of back and forth, they finally signed the deal with their coach, Lan.

Jun wasn't sure if he would be suitable, but it was under Xian's assurance and faith that he finally agreed.

"Where is our goalie?"

Jun knew their goalie was their best player, and even though he was a bit laid back, he was warned beforehand that the player meant well.

"He'll be here soon, Marcus. You know he's always on time during the seasons."

"Yeah, but he better be here soon-"

"Sorry. Sorry." A baritone voice was heard from behind them.

Jun and Marcus turned to face the man, and Jun had to admit that the man in front of him was handsome. He had a scar over his eyebrows, and a dark tan covered his skin, but he was glowing.

"This is our new Coach-"

The goaltender raised his hand and said, "Coach Lan Wangji."

Reciprocating the gesture, Jun smiled and said, "Hua Cheng, nice to meet you too."

Thus began a new adventure, as well as a lifetime of companionship and 
friendship. 

Xie Lian - Sharon Li

🏒

Hua Cheng

⛸️

~The End~