prologue- 1-2

chapter 1-stranger waking – chapter 2- ceremony breaking 

There was a giant, flaming cat, I had to run, I couldn’t fight, just I as I tried to retreat I was knocked down, the giant cat’s face was near mine, it let out a low growl and opened its mouth I could see a fireball being formed, I couldn’t run I couldn't move then it shot out. 

I woke up to a loud noise. It sounded like someone was trying to open something. 'What's that noise?' i shuffled around just to notice that i was in a boxed in area 'what the fuck'.

I heard a voice start speaking from outside the box "i better hurry up and find that uniform before someone spots me…" 

I held my breath. Where am i? What's happening? 

"urgggh… this lid weighs a ton!" 

"Try this on for size! Mya-ha!" 

the lid was blasted of with a blue fire 

"BWAAAH?!" I screamed in total fear 

"Now to grab the goods…" i spotted a small talking cat…no no weasel…well maybe a cat? It looked like that giant fire cat… i couldn't tell he stared up at me with surprise "what?! You ain't supposed to be awake!" 

"a talking…weasel?!" his expression turned to anger 

"how… How DARE YOU! I am no WEASEL! im grim, sorcerer extraordinaire! Tch. Whatever. you…human! just gimme your uniform and be quick about it !" 

ok just who does grim think he is? 

" 'cause if you don't… you're gonna regret it!" he spoke with a blast of fire 

yeah this had to be a dream 

"getting roasted alive by a weasel? What will I dream of next?" 

"Well keep dreamin', 'cause I ain't no weasel!" 

I pushed myself out of the coffin and began running through the halls all around until I ran into what seemed to be a library. "If this is a dream, I'm ready to wake up now." yeah no way in hell this isn't a dream 

a blue flame exploded in front of me and I heard the familiar voice appear from behind me "Foolish human! did you really think you could slip away from ME? Now, unless you wanna get burned to a crisp, take off that– me-YEOW! That hurts! what gives?" a loud sound of a whip could be heard as it hit grim 

"consider it tough love." ok whose this? the man looked over at me "ah, I've found you at last. Splendid. I trust you're one of this year's new students? my, were you ever eager to make your debut. and bringing a poorly trained familiar with you? that is a clear violation of the school's rules" 

grim look very upset about what the man said "as if i'd serve some lowly human! now lemme go!"

The man picked up grim "yes, yes. rebellious familiars always say that. do be quiet for a bit, won't you?" 

grim thrashed around as the man covered his mouth "mmmrph!" 

"Dear me. of all the students i've dealt with, you're the first with teremirty enough to open their own gate and step out of it. Does the very notion of patience elude you? no matter what. your orientation has already begun. let us return to the mirror chamber.' 

what… is this not a dream? And did he say I was a student? I should ask  " student…?" 

he looked at me like i was stupid…im not stupid "you awakened in a room of gates, did you not? all of the students here at the campus arrived by passing through such gates. although typically the students have enough restraint to wait until i open them before waking up."