The Usurper from the Wilds 20-21

Chapter 20- Truth Brought to Light - chapter 21- Plan Synchronizing

"Hyeeeearrrgh!" Jack yelled, as he threw a punch at Deuce, these idiots have been fighting for the past few minutes, Deuce answered Jack's yell with a "Grrraaah!" and a punch as well, punching eachother at the same time, neither going down, Ace had been knocked back and stayed laying on the ground and Grim didn't even join in on the fight, instead watching.

Jack took a step back and began panting "Man, you just... You just don't give an inch..." Jack looked over Deuce.

Deuce nodded and looked up at Jack "Phew... You neither. You sure can fight." Deuce smiled slightly.

"It's like every one of your punches rattled me to the core..." Grim shook his head as he sat next to Ace who was still laying on the ground.

Ace sat up with a loud groan. "Yeesh... maybe we got a little carried away. Uuugh. At this point, I don't even care about makin' the stupid team." Ace looked up at the three of us, huffing slightly.

"Wow, everyone sure took a beating. Do we all hug it out now?" I sighed, I hadn't thrown any punches, but at least I know what I'm going to say now, these dumbasses are nothing but brutes who think fighting is the only answer.

"All right. The path ahead is clear. I'll tell you what I know." Jack stepped back from the fight, giving up, sounding like an old monk or some stupid ass prophet... I can't do this right now Jack.

"The path"? The path to what?" Ace slowly stood up before walking over to me and wrapping an arm around my shoulder, which I quickly knocked off, causing him to take a step back, then Grim tried to jump into my arms, but I had a plan, I couldn't let him do that right now.

"The path my heart's telling me to walk. Remember, I'm betraying my own dorm here. But I can't be quiet any longer! I don't care how strong the foe— I wanna face them with my own two fists! I've been training hard for this tournament. I was excited to see how far I could go. But these cowardly schemes are making me sick! A triumph won through treachery means nothing! I wanted to claim victory on the back of my own strength and skill, and fight to defend it!" Jack talked away, who the fuck is this man? A knight betraying his own kingdom? An old prophet betraying his own God? A monk bretaying his code? A poet making a tragedy? No, wrong, it's a teenager who has too much free time and not enough friends.

"I think I preferred talking to his fists." Ace nudged me.

I was pissed, I took a step forward, everyone turned their attention to me and Ace tried to grab my arm and pull me back, I dropped my bag on the ground. "So... this is all about you, then? What about the innocent people being hurt?"

"I get it! I know exactly what he means!" Deuce shouted and I snapped my head around to face him, the moment he looked at my face he jolted back and put his head down.

"That's not a good sign." Grim mumbled, before grabbing my notepad and pin and running it over to me, I picked it up and wrote a quick summary of what he said.

"Ruggie's signature spell— it makes its target copy Ruggie's movements. Since he's making the same movements as the person he's controlling, he's able to make it look like an accident on their part." Jack explained and I wrote it down, Jack had crossed his arms over his chest, his wolf-ears twitching slightly.

"Huh. so that's how he was able to get Grim to trade without getting caught. He just put out his hand, and Grim put out his." Ace hummed and looked down at Grim.

"That lousy, rotten...! Aargh! Now I'm angry again! Food grudges never die!" Grim growled, he began pacing around, grumbling to himself.

"Wait, hold on a minute. If he was mirroring the movements of someone about to fall down the stairs, surely someone would have noticed that?" Deuce pointed out, taking a step forward.