The Red-Rose Tyrant 27-28

Chapter 27- Five Second Rule - chapter 28- Final for Heartslabyul 

“Welp, looks like we got some cleaning up to do. All that work making garden Magicam-worthy, and now it’s a total tire fire. Laaame.” Cater sighed. 

“I’ll help out.” Trey stood up, ready to help, which was quickly shut down by Cater “no, why don’t you get Riddle to the nurse’s office. That was a full-blown case of overblot. We need to make absolutely sure he’s okay.” Cater shook his head. 

“Mr. Diamond is correct. I will go along with you.” Crowley nodded “understood. Thank you, sir.” Trey nodded, helping Riddle up from the ground, he stumbled a bit. 

“Man, am I STARVED after usin’ so much magic! Hmmm hey, check it out! That’s another black magestone, just like the one we found at the Dwarfs’ Mine!” Grim picked up the black stone.

“You’re right. Wonder where it came from?” Deuce asked. “Just don’t put it in your mouth this time.” Ace sighed. 

“No way. After how great that last one tasted, I can’t get that thing in my mouth fast enough!” Before I could grab the stone from Grim he shoved it into his mouth “Aaaand there it goes.” Ace shook his head. 

“Grim you’re gonna get sick if you keep eating rocks like that!” I groaned, I have a strange feeling that overblot and those stones are connected in some way. 

“Oh, Grimmy… have some self-respect, honey! That was literally trash.” Cater walked over to us both, slightly petting Grim. 

“Aaaaah! Rich and sweet, but with a complex hint of bitterness in the aftertaste. Equally delicious, but with quite a different mouthfeel from the last one I ate.” Grim grinned. 

“I guess this is just a thing now?” I sighed, Ace walked up to me “as a monster, maybe his stomach works differently than ours?” Ace shrugged. 

“Even still, eating trash can’t be good for anyone.” Deuce shook his head. 

“Oooh! I just tried the grass, and the flavor was surprisingly pleasant! Crisp, even!” Grim was still grinning, “that’s our lawn! Don’t eat that!!” Deuce picked Grim up and handed him to me. 

“Uh, A-F-K while I go throw up… but… seriously, guys. Thanks.” I heard Cater whisper a thanks, but no one else seemed to hear “did you just say something?” Ace asked, but Cater shook his head “hm? Nope. Not a thing.” Cater chuckled. 

I smiled at Cater and mouthed a “no, thank you.” he blushed slightly. 

It took three days, three days of cleaning and preparing for the unbirthday party. It was tiring but worth it, I began looking around. It was beautiful, if I hadn’t been here to see the overblot I wouldn’t believe this place was a wreck. 

Me and Grim had dressed up in the unbirthday outfits we’d been given, we rushed and arrived just before Riddle did, that means we’re right on time, we rushed to sit down at a table where Riddle’s seat was, with Trey, Cater, Ace and Deuce. 

I heard a horn being blown, everyone turned their heads “All hail our leader, the red sovereign himself… Housewarden Riddle!” 

Every one stood up “We salute you, Housewarden Riddle!” and then we all sat down. 

As Riddle walked over to his seat he spoke “hm. The garden roses are red, the tablecloths are white… this seems a proper unbrithday indeed.” Riddle paused as he reached his seat “is there a dormouse asleep in the teapo– er, well, I suppose it’s fine either way.” Riddle smiled. 

“Not everything has to change completely, you know. Like, maybe spread the jam on your scones, instead of on the dormouse this time? Let’s try to set the bar at “it’s great if it’s this way,” not “it absolutely has to be this way.” Trey smiled and patted Riddle’s back a bit.