prologue 13-14

(a/n I've seen the word prologue so many times that it doesn't seem like a word anymore)

Chapter 13-An urgent deadline  - chapter 14-to the dwarfs’ mine + non cannon thing

Somehow we made it back into the cafeteria, Grim kept jumping table to table as Ace and Deuce kept trying to catch him, at one point I jumped in, trying to catch him. 

Ace let out an angry huff “stop jumping around like that!” grim began laughing “catch me if you can!” 

Grim jumped up and began climbing onto the chandelier “no fair climbing onto the chandelier, you coward! I haven’t really learned flight magic yet… what could I summon to hold onto him…? Hmmm…. Oh! That’s it!” 

“Did you come up with somethi—” deuce began walking towards Ace and pointed his pen towards him “oh, hey! Stop! What are you doing?! Why are you pointing your pen at me?!” 

Deuce smiled sweetly “because I'm going to launch you.” 

I jumped up and sat onto one of the lunch tables, crossing my legs “no way does this end well.” 

“Are you kidding me?!” Ace let out a yell as he began floating “Put me down! Seriously, do not launch me abort! ABORT!” Deuce's face scrunched “just make sure to grab him tight. I’ve got him in my sights, and… Go!” Ace was flung towards the chandelier screaming, in that moment grim started screaming as well. 

A loud bang was heard as Ace hit the chandelier, bringing it down, a large cloud of dust began floating around, I jumped up and yelled out “the chandelier!!!” ace and grim both hit the ground coughing “I cannot believe you just did that!” Ace yelled at Deuce, Grim let out a loud groan. 

“Oh, right! I probably should have come up with a way to soften your landing after you caught him…” I ran over to Grim and scooped him into my arms, “you complete and total moron! We got grim, but we broke the chandelier! If the headmage finds out about this–” Ace was interrupted by none other than the headmage “if I find out about…what, dear ace?” 

Ace’s face fell “ah! Headmage crowley…!” 

“YOU. THREE. AGAIN. What have you done this time?!” Crowley angrily yelled out at us. 

Grim let out another groan as he buried his head into my chest “everything’s spinning…” 

“Burning a statue wasn’t enough for you? Now you’ve destroyed a chandelier?! Enough. All of you are expelled.” Crowley seemed to have enough of us… 

“Whaaaaaaaaat?!” deuce and ace yelled out together. 

How does a homeless person get a job? 

“Headmage, please! Give me a second chance! I can’t get expelled from this school! I need to be here!” 

Crowley crossed his arms “then blame yourself for your own foolish behavior.” 

Hmmm, maybe I can go be a janitor at some other place? 

“I’ll pay for the damages! However much it costs!” deuce begged 

“That chandelier is no mere light fixture. It is a magical chandelier. Its candles are powered by a magical energy source, enchanted so that they will burn for eternity. It was created for us by a legendary artificer. Possibly their finest creation. It has been here since the school was established, and I imagined it would be here forevermore. Considering its historical value, I would estimate its worth to be no less than a billion thaumarks. And you intend to repay that sum?” 

Ace and Deuce’s faces twisted in horror and shock “A… A billion marks?!” Deuce sounded horrified “b-but i’m sure with your magical talent, sir, you could snap your fingers and fix it right up!” ace pleaded