prologue- 5-6

Chapter 5-A perplexing puzzle – chapter 6-A move-in struggle 

We got to the outside of the dorm, there are windows boarded up, there are dead trees, there are tombstones by the front gate, there are cobwebs in the trees. 

I cleared my throat “This is too much character, if you ask me.” he laughed at what I said “isn’t it delightful?” he started to push all the way to the door and pushed me in “right, scoot inside now. There you go. This should keep the elements at bay for the time being. Now, I should return to my research. Do try to find some way to busy yourself.” he turned to leave “but don’t let me catch you wandering the campus! Ta!” and with that he left. 

‘Oh god no, oh god please don't leave me here this is the start of a horror movie, please!’

“It’s like a desolate snowscape. Only with dust…” I sighed and then I heard the rain start to pour outside, I turned and looked out of the window “looks like it’s starting to rain.” 

I heard a yell from behind me “GWAH! It’s pouring out there!” I felt my heart drop to my stomach  “WAH!” it was grim “Bwahaha! That look on your face is priceless! Like a bat that got blasted by a water gun. As if I wouldn’t sneak back onto campus the second I escaped pryin’ eyes. You all got no idea what I’m capable of! I ain’t givin’ up on goin’ here just ‘cause I got kicked out one measly ol’ time. And if you think otherwise, you don’t know Grim! ” he looked determined as he spoke. Why did he want to go to this school so badly? 

“Why are you so determined to go to this school?” I said while crouching down to his height. “Isn’t it obvious I was born to do this! I’m a magical prodigy who’s got the makin’s to become one of the greatest mages who ever lived! So I’ve been waitin’ and waitin’ for that black carriage to come for me. And yet…” he paused a sad look going over his face that quickly got turned into anger “hrmph! That dark mirror’s got no eye for talent!” that determined look went back to his face “That’s why I took the initiative and came here myself. You humans don’t understand what a mistake you’re makin’! Not lettin’ me in is a great loss to the world!” I’m going to protect grim as best as I can, I’ll make sure he gets into this school.

A water drop hit the top of his head and he coiled away with disgust “mrrao! C’mon, scoot over! I’m getting’ dripped on here!” he said climbing into my lap and getting dripped on again “Bwah! Another hole in the roof! These flamin’ ears are like my trademark, y’know? I can’t let ‘em get doused!” I stood up pushing him off my lap and putting my jacket over him so he wouldn’t get dripped on anymore.

“Guess I’ll go look for some buckets.” before I could walk away grim spoke again “I dunno why ya don’t just magic those holes away. You could have it fixed in half a jiff.” I turned and looked at grim “ahhh, right. You can’t use magic at all. Pffft. Man, you’re useless.” I pulled my jacket away from him “then why don’t you do it?!” I said putting my jacket back on. 

“Heh? You want ME to help YOU? Ha! You got the wrong idea. I’m just a stranger takin’ shelter from the rain. You ain’t the boss of me. If ya had some cans of tuna to trade, well, that’d be another story. But I don’t work for free.” I scoffed at his stupidity, he probably can’t fix the holes. 

I heard more dripping, there was water dripping everywhere “yikes, the leaks are really getting bad.” I turned and decided to go down the hall to look for buckets or pots 

A loud creaking noise could be heard throughout the hallway “this place really freaks me out.” at that moment I heard something behind me “Gaaah!” I heard a laugh echo throughout the hall “yee hee hee… Bwa ha ha ha ha ha. We haven’t had visitors in ages!” I felt myself freeze in place and a different voice spoke “oh, i’m just itchin’ for new friends! Ah ha ha ha ha ha!”.