The Red-Rose Tyrant 23-24

Chapter 23- Magic Unchecked  - chapter 24- An Unhinged Prefect

All of the sudden playing cards began flying around and the vines disappeared “Nngh?! What just—” Riddle looked around “huh? I’m still alive? What’s with all these playing cards?” Ace looked around, slightly grabbing onto my arm. 

“All the rose trees turned into cards?” Deuce looked stunned. 

I turned my attention to Trey as he stepped forward “Riddle, stop this right now!” he shouted, Cater stepped next to me with shock on his pace “wait, is that Trey’s “Paint the Roses”?! But…how?!” Cater whispered in terror at what was unfolding before us. 

“All the magic-sealin’ collars are gone!” Grim looked around carefully, slightly leaning forward in my arms. 

“What did I tell you? My magic can overwrite characteristics for a short time. So I used it to make “Riddle’s magic” into “my magic”.” Trey reached up and grabbed the tip of his hat, turning to us and speaking, was it odd to say he was attractive right now? 

“You can do that? That’s some kinda loophole!” Cater smiled brightly with curiosity “N-no… Off with their heads! I SAID, off with their heads!” Riddle was screaming. 

“Riddle, stop. Can’t you see how you look right now?” Trey reached out for Riddle. 

“He…he was really gonna do it!” 
“He is completely out of control.” 
“He’s like some kinda monster!” 

Students spoke among themselves as I gestured at them to shut up, something bad was about to happen I could feel it, something horrible was in creation, terror filled my body, not a word should be spoken by idiots until I figure out what it is. 

 “what? Was my magic overwritten by yours? Does that mean your signature spell is stronger than mine?!” Riddle turned his whole body towards Trey “of course it doesn’t. Riddle, take a deep breath and listen to us.” Trey attempted to calm Riddle. 

“Are YOU going to tell me that I’m wrong too? After all I’ve done to protect the rule of law?! Do you know how much I’ve suffered for this?! I…I refuse to believe this!” Riddle began crying tears of rage, as his face twisted with nothing but hatred. 

“Cease immediately, Mr.Rosehearts! Any further attempt to use magic will leave your magestone completely tainted with blot!” Crowley shouted, oh shit that’s what's happening, an overblot was unfolding before us.  

“But…I’m right! I’M the one who’s right! There is NO! POSSIBLE! ALTERNATIVE!” Riddle's face was completely red, nothing but disgust and hatred could be seen on it. “Riddle, stop!” Trey screamed as loud as he could, pleading with Riddle once more. 

My head spun and I saw it happen, the small puddle of inky black took over my vision then I saw a pen with a red magestone turn black, shit so that’s what it meant, when my vision came back I look up and see Riddle, his whole body changed a viel covers one of his eyes, his body covered in inky thorn vines, his clothing covered in cuts and rips, his whole outfit had changed. 

A being that looked like the queen of hearts was behind him, the head looked like a bottle of blot, it was holding a rose bush. 

“Did his whole body just change?!” I took a step back, gripping onto Grim as he clung to me out of fear, Ace and Deuce moving with me. 

Riddle began laughing “heh heh heh… AH HA HA HA! You are fools to defy me! You are not welcome in my world. In my world, I am the law. I am the order made manifest! The only response I will accept from you is “Yes, Housewarden Riddle.” all who defy me will lose their heads! Ah ha ha ha ha!” Riddle grimaced at everyone.