The Usurper from the Wilds 28-29

Chapter 28- Vengeance Served Hot - chapter 29- The Exhibition Rally 

“Mr.Rosehearts? And I see you’re with… Ah.” Crowley looked at Leona before back at the small group behind Riddle. 

Riddle nodded, putting a hand on his hip. “Correct. They are the victims of this incident.” I smiled and walked to Trey who smiled back and gave me a quick hug, holding onto my hand before looking at Crowley. 

“Headmage, speaking on behalf of the victims I have a request for you. We would like you to permit Savanaclaw House to play in the tournament despite their crimes.” Trey spoke calmly, squeezing my hand a couple of times as he spoke. 

“What…? Are you saying… you wish to forgive their crimes?” Crowley looked and sounded absolutly bewildered by Trey, Crowley’s eyes darted between me and Trey, his eyes darting down to our hand before his eyes darted to look at Riddle. 

“You guys…” Ruggie smiled softly, I looked down at his arm and could see major cracking from Leona’s signature spell. 

“No. That's the last thing we want.” Jamil spat out, anger crossing his face at the miscommunication, he put his hands on his hips as he glared at Leona. 

Trey chuckled and pulled his hand from mine, crossing his arms. “If Savanaclaw is disqualified from the tournament, we’ll lose our chance at revenge.” Trey shook his head…. I might actually love this man. 

“Wh-whaaat?!” Ruggie looked shocked, his ears folding back as he tossed his arms out in surprise at Jamil’s and Trey’s response. 

“Revenge?!” Jack looked just as shocked, his ears fully standing up and he brought just one hand to his chest, he’d be clutching pearls if he was wearing any.

“After all, fighting with magic is forbidden on campus.” Riddle crossed his arms, oh god, these guys are more menacing than I originally thought. 

“But during a Spelldrive game, it’s all in the name of sport, right? It just happens to be a sport where players face off using the fullest extent of their magic.” Trey had an evil looking smirk on his face as he looked at Leona before Trey put a hand on my shoulder, pulling me into his side…. If this man lets me get him alone again, I swear… 

“Yeah. If we lose our chance at revenge, it’ll gnaw at us all year!” That one Heartslabyul student who we first met with after getting hurt spoke up. 

“We throw down the gauntlet! Duel us!” oh hey, it’s that Pomefiore student that I kicked the legs out from under. 

“Plus, I dunno what happened here, but it looks like it left the Savanaclaw kids in even worse shape than we’re in.” Jamil’s face grew a smirk as he spoke in a condescending tone as he looked over the Savanaclaw students. 

“What we’re saying is: now that we know who did this, we have an opportunity to hash things out on the field instead of letting grudges fester.” Trey chuckled as he stared Leona down, giving a glance to Crowley and Riddle. 

“You’ve said it yourself, Leona—fighting doesn’t break school rules if it’s part of a Spelldrive match!” Cater stated before he walked up beside me and Trey, giving Trey’s hand a glance before he leaned up against me. 

“Normaly, I would demand their heads. But if Trey and others insisted on settling their grudges on the field… I am willing to overlook their disregard for the rules this once.” Riddle closed his eyes and sighed, obviously fighting himself over the rules. 

“I understand where you’re coming from. However, the question is: Are these Savanaclaw students even capable of taking to the field? Mr.Kingscholar has only just regained consciousness!” Crowley seemed slightly panicked looking over to Leona who burst out into laughter.