The Red-Rose Tyrant 15-16

Chapter 15-an army of one - chapter 16- hard work undone

‘Another dream?’ I looked around, when did I fall asleep? There I saw the queen of hearts and alice.

“for painting my roses red, someone will lose his head!” the queen shouted “y-your majesty, if anyone’s to blame, it’s him!” three of clubs pointed towards two of clubs. 

“have mercy, your grace. It was ace!” The two of clubs pointed towards the ace. “So it was YOU.” the queen yelled in anger. Looking at the ace of clubs, the ace of clubs had a red paint bucket spilled over his head. 

“Gah, no, it was the Two!” the ace of clubs pleaded  “then he will pay.” the queen stated  “It was the three, I say!” two shouted. 

“enough of all of this. Off with ALL their heads!” the queen screamed “Oooooooh! Yaaaay!” people chanted as the cards were dragged away, the queen laughed  “a fitting end. Color, you can’t mend.” two of diamonds sung  “Everyone knows the roses should be red.” three of spades informed. 

“But they’re just roses! Why won’t anyone stop the queen?” I mumbled “y/n, wake up.'' I heard deuce, my eyes slowly opened “the unbirthday party is today. If we’re late, well, you know…” I looked around, I fell asleep on the sofa, I sat up slowly stretching out “that’s right… the party’s today.” I said with a yawn, just then a knock could be heard. 

“Hmm? It sounds like you have a visitor.” I rushed towards the door, I opened it to see cater “good mourning! Did you all enjoy your sleepover? Did you bond over pillow fights and card games?” Ace seemed to appear from behind me “oh, good morning, cater. We did play some cards, yeah. But only Old Maid, ‘cause that was the only one Grim knew how to play.” grim let out a groan “and I still got the old maid every time, dang it!” 

“Let’s just say grim doesn’t have a very good poker face.” deuce snickered “well, you should get one of the tarts we made yesterday and go apologize to riddle. And you should probably hurry, because after the trouble yesterday, we're a little short-handed” cater hurried us “what does that mean?” ace questioned. 

“Don’t worry. I’ve totes got it under control. Anyway, off to the party we go!” cater turned, grabbing onto my arm and dragging me along with him, I was dragged all the way to the mirror room, we found the heartslabyul dorm mirror, and teleported to the gates.

Cater pulled me closer, letting going of my hand and wrapping his arm around my waist, ace and deuce were carrying the tart we made “all right, so I’ll hand over the tart and say i;m sorry, then—” ace stared off with a look of surprise, I looked up to see a second cater “hey, it’s time I got back! Good to see me!” the cater with me giggled “and me! Looking good as always, me!” 

“Bwyh?!” the three idiots shouted “th-there’s two caters?!” 

“Are you guys identical twin?!'' Ace stammered “nope. Don't have any siblings. What I DO have is my signature spell, split card. It lets me make magic duplicates of myself” cater laughed “this must be how cater kept coming after we beat him over and over yesterday…” 

“Welcome home, daaarlings.” 

“Good to see you, y/n!” 

“You’re late! I was worried sick!” 

More and more Caters appeared 

“Bwah! There’s more of them?” ace tried to hide behind me “J-S-Y-K, I’m actually the real cater. Making these duplicates is suuuuper exhausting, so I can’t maintain them for long. Anyway, if we’re late, heads will roll. And since we’re several people short, we’ll need your help. But when this is over, I promise I’ll take you straight to riddle” so the real cater is the second Cater we saw “what, MORE roses?” grim whined