The Red-Rose Tyrant 1-2

Chapter 1-A Desperate Heart - chapter 2- a misappropriated tart 

I watched as a mirror slowly swirled in, dragging me into a little world, I heard singing, a card an ace of clubs “hurry up and paint those roses red” he sang as he painted a rose red, a different card joined in with the painting and singing “slather them quickly, as aforesaid!” The ace up clubs got louder and quicker with the painting and singing “hurry, hurry! There are still roses left to paint!” 

I paused, getting closer ‘they’re painting… roses? is this…?’ just then alice appeared, so this is alice in the wonderland “why are you painting these white roses red?” the cards stopped to look at her, the two of clubs turned to look at her “huh, why, you ask? It’s quite simple. We planted the wrong color, you see!” the ace of clubs started nodding “the queen likes her roses red. If they’re white, we’ll lose our heads!” 

Alice rushed off looking at other roses “goodness!” there stood three of clubs “and so, we’re painting the roses red.” slowly I was dragged through the mirror again, leaving everything behind I raised my head to speak once again “by the way, where am I?” Then the bagging on the door started “is someone knocking at the door?” grim weakly lifted his head “myaaah… hey, y/n… I know it’s the middle of the night, but I think we’ve got a visitor. Maybe it’s those pesky ghosts again? They just don’t know when to quit” I reached out to grab my glasses. 

Slowly making it down out of our room and down the stairs the knocking became banging, I  put my hands on the door and looked out the windows on them “hellooo? Who is it?” I saw aces head pop into frame “it’s me, ace! Just let me in, all right?” he sounded upset “ace? It’s the middle of the night!” grim started as I opened the door for ace to enter “b-bwah! That collar!” I turned to see what grim ment.

There stood an angry ace with the same collar riddle had put onto grim “I can’t go back to heartslabyul house. I’m joining your dorm. For good.” grim jumped “myah?! Come again?” I paused “you want to… joining us? Here?” I paused looking around “why?” Ace rushed past us into our living room.

“I’d recognize that collar anywhere. It’s the same one that psycho stuck on me at orientation! What’d you do to get shackled with that?” grim questioned after we arrived into the living room, ace turned to us, crossing his arms “I ate a tart.” I paused, “you…ate a tart?” Ace looked me in my eyes “yeah, that’s it! That’s all I did! I was a little hungry, see, so I went down to the dorm kitchen and found some tarts in the fridge. Three whole tarts! Big ones, too! I took one bite, ONE! And the headwarden offed my head! And… Here I am.” 

Me and grim looked at eachother through the silence “so… the point is you’re both terrible?” Ace seemed pissed at grims comment “you don’t think that it’s insane for my magic to get sealed away for eating ONE slice of tart?! For a mage, that’s like having your arms and legs bound and shackled! And there were three whole tarts! Three! It’s not like he could eat ‘em all himself!” he turned and looked at me “c’mon, you KNOW this is messed up!” I paused leaning back on the couch “I guess..?” his eyes twitched “what kinda wishy-washy answer is that?!” 

Grim paused, jumping into my lap “yeah, but… I mean, if there were three of ‘em, they were probably for a party. Maybe it was someone’s birthday or somethin’? Lookit that! I’m, like, a master detective too!” I chuckled and petted the top of grims head, nodding “a birthday party, huh…?” I paused with a nod at aces' question “did you even apologize?” he snapped his head towards  me “man… I thought you’d be more sympathetic! I’m a victim of the housewarden’s tyranny here!” 

“I mean, stealing food is a serious offense. I would’ve beaten your ass over a tart, also you woke me up in the middle of the night, you get no sympathy..” ace let out a whine “aw, you gotta be kiddin’ me!”  I shook my head “tomorrow, go and apologize.” grim nodded along “you don;t go messin’ with another man’s meal… Hey, wait a minute!” grim paused before snapping his head up to look at me with sad eyes “I just realized I never got those cans of tuna the headmage promised me!” I frowned.