The Usurper from the Wilds 30-31

Chapter 30- Savanaclaw Finale - chapter 31- The Final Sales Tally

I slowly openen my eyes, groaning as I looked around, where am I? I could feel something on my chest. Suddenly I saw a head pop, it was Grim. “Hey, y/n’s awake!” Grim had a big smile on his face. 

“...Huh?” I mumbled, suddenly I saw Ace and Deuce peering over my bed. 

“At the start of the second half, Grim threw the disc right at your noggin and knocked you out. You don’t remember?” Ace crossed his arms as he looked down at me with a worried expression.

“I was tryin’ to seal our victory with a shot from way downfield…” Grim explained before he laid back down on my chest, resting his head on my shoulder. 

“You amatuers gotta work on your disc control.” Jack came limping over before sitting on the edge of my bed. 

“I’m just glad you’re awake. You were out so long that I was starting to worry the hit had caused some real damage.” Deuce shook his head as he smiled down at me, pressing the back of his hand gently on my forehead before pulling away and taking a step back. 

“Yeah, you even missed the closing ceremonies! They’re taking everything apart right now.” Ace shook his head… Fuck I missed a chance of seeing Savanaclaw getting their asses whooped.

Wait hold on, how am I alive? The spelldrive disc has a 24cm diameter and a 2cm depth, thus giving it a 1902cm³ volume and is made of gold… gold has a density of 19.32g/cm³, the spelldrive disc has a weight of 17.5 kilos… Considering that spelldrive is analogous to American football, I'm going to assume the disc was launched at 60mph, same as a football generally is, this would mean that upon impact the disk releases 6284.6 joules of energy… This is a massive 2317.6 pounds per square inch of force, a sudden impact of 50 PSI is already enough to damage the skull, 2317.6 are easily enough to pulverize it… But i’m alive and woke up on the same day and completely fine… how in the actual fuck?! 
(A/n : this came from OwO345 on reddit) 

“How’s your head?” I heard Leona’s gruff voice speak. 

“I’ve got no complaints yet…” 

“What?” 

“Huh? Oh, it's fine… I’m fine.” I spat out quickly as I realized my misunderstanding. “How did Savanaclaw do?” I mumbled as I slowly sat up, groaning as I did, Grim rolled down my chest and plopped down into my lap, I looked around, my head was hurting like hell, everything was hazy… at least my glasses weren’t broken… Guess I just have to accept I’m built different. 

“Hmph. Everyone we played was ignoring the disc and throwing everything they had at US.” Leona huffed as he was laying in an infirmary bed, Ruggie was sitting next to Leona’s bed, in a chair. 

“We were dead on our feet by the time we faced Diasomnia, so they ended up taking first place.” Ruggie shook his head as he let out a loud drawn out sigh. 

“Housewarden! Ruggie!” Jack turned his head to them with surprise on his face, he stood up and walked over to Leona’s bed. 

“Tch… Bein’ stuck in an infirmary bed for anything other than a mid-day nap is about as lame as it gets.” Leona rightfully complained… but hey, at least he learned his lesson now… 

“And what’s worse? Not a single Diasomnia student ended up here.” Ruggie shook his head. 

“I’d heard the rumors, but man, seeing Diasomnia’s housewarden in action… that dude does NOT mess around.” Ace sat down where Jack had just stood up from, the corner of my bed, looking towards me with a frown.