The Usurper from the Wilds 11-12

Chapter 11- The Terrible Two - chapter 12- Territory Breakthrough

I gave Trey a quick kiss on the cheek before hopping up off his bed to leave, unlocking the door and opening it before looking back at him “okay, but did you actually need me to get you something?” 

Trey thought for a moment before shaking his head with a smile “no, I’m fine” he chuckled, as I turned to leave he spoke again “I love you” I paused. 

I love you? 

Did he actually love me? 

Of course he couldn’t, we’ve only known each other for a week, he was probably just feeled with euphoria and thinking he loves me, or perhaps the words were a simple thing he could say that he knew meant nothing, maybe it slipped and he didn’t really mean to say it. 

“I- uh- love you too, Trey.” I looked back at him with a small smile, he smiled back as I left, walking quickly down the hall to meet up with the group I'm going with. 

As I ran down the hall and down the stairs, all I could think about was Trey and why the fuck do they have this many stairs?, as I walked and walked, heading towards the gate where they would be, I accidentally bumped into Cater. 

“Hm? Ready?” Cater smiled and wrapped an arm around my shoulder. 

Deuce and Ace were whispering about something and Riddle was holding Grim awkwardly waiting for me to take Grim back, I grabbed Grim from Riddle and Riddle mumbled a little “thank you.” 

We ended up walking silently to the Heartslabyul mirror to go to the hall of mirrors as we went through the Hearstabyul mirror, it swirled a red, after we let the dorm we moved to the Pomefiore mirror, I followed Riddle, slightly confused on why we were going there.

We went through the Pomefiore dorm mirror, as we walked towards it it swirled a pinkish purple, we walked through, we walked up the small walkway silently, wondering why none of us were talking. 

We entered Pomefiore’s lounge, Cater bumped me with his hip, wrapping his arm around my shoulder again “let’s start here, at Pomefiore. There’s a junior named Rook Hunt who’s caught my eye. He has a blond bob cut and a fedora— you can’t miss him.” Cater looked at me with a grin. 

“Rook is an exceptional player. He performed extremely well in last year’s tournament. But he is a bit of an… odd duck, one might say.” Riddle whispered that last part, his face serious…. Who says ‘odd duck’? 

Deuce popped forward, putting a hand on my shoulder, pointing somewhere “oh, is that him sitting over there?” Deuce pointed at a table of three, one with the blond bob cut and a fedora, one with blond hair with purple tips and the purple haired boy we saw at lunch that day. 

Rook seemed to be sparkling, his hair glitered in light “whoa. That dude’s, like, a glitter bomb in human form. He’s basically sparkling.” Ace whispered loudly…I don’t even know how he managed that. 

This fucker has to be french-  “Non, Epel, non. When you lift your teacup, do not insert your finger through the handle. It is most inélégant.” Rook spoke, and would you look at that, I was right! 

“Oh… Right. I’m sorry.” Epel spoke, nice to know the pink haired boy's name, I was wondering about him. 

The one with purple tips on his hair sighed loudly “I just cannot decide how I want to do my makeup on tournament day! I’m thinking maybe that new foundation from Felicity Cosmetics?” 

“Oh ho ho! Mon belle Vil, the Roi du Posion… surely your beauté is not so faint that you need makeup to shine?” Rook hummed out, reaching to touch Vil’s hand, that stupid fucking simp.