Chapter 38

::Eva::

It felt like someone ripped my heart out of my chest and I was holding it in my hand as it shattered into little pieces. "No, No, No." I cried as I held his face in my hands. "I can't lose you." He went in and out of consciousness. "Im so sorry. Please don't go. I love you!"

"M'am we need to get him to the hospital." I felt them tugg on my arm trying to get me off of him. I got up covered in his blood and stood back in shock as the tears escaped my eyes when i watched them place him on the gurney and carry him off.

I felt two arms wrap around me in a attempt to comfort me. I pushed them away and ran up to my old room, slamming the door. I went into the bathroom looking in the mirror. I kept trying to process what happened.

Why does this keep happening to me ?

Why?

I took off the clothes and jumped in the shower. I got out and threw on my sweat pant and hoddie. I took a seat on my bed trying to clear my head.

"Hey." I looked up and seen Naomi walking into my room and sitting next to me. "Are you okay?" "I dont know Na." She wrapped her arms around me pulling me into her comforting me as I began to cry again. "I can't lose him Na. He's my bestfriend, Even tho I might not show it I love him so much."

"I know Eva, I know. But right now you need to stay strong for him and those kids." She said wiping my tears.

She was right. The last thing I wanted was the kids shook up and asking questions. "I came to get the kids and take them to my house. You go down to the hospital and be with him."

********

I walked into August's ICU room and seen him on one side of the room being hooked up to a million different machines by doctors and his family on the other side having a mini argument.

"Excuse me? How's he doing?" I asked the doctor filling out his chart. "Right now he is critical. We almost lost him during surgery but we were able to bring him back. Like I was explaining to the others he is no in a comma that 90% of patients never wake up from."

I could feel the tears forming in my eyes once again. The doctor patted me on the back before walking out along with the nurses. "And I'm sure Eva would agree with me?" I heard Angel yell. "Huh?" I was lost and had no clue what they were even over there discussing.

"The doctors gave us a choice we can either play the waiting game and see what happens or we can unplug him now." Angel explained. "I wait wouldnt to wait but they want to unplug him." My eyes widened. "This is a joke right?" I yelled.

"Now Eva just hear us out." "We can't see him like this and it would be selfish of us to let him suffer just because we can't let go."

I burst into laughter causing everyone to look at me in confusion. "This whole day has to be a dream." I shook my head in disbelief in everything that happened. "Selfish? No what's selfish is that you want to kill off you son, nephew and brother just to get some damn money. What's selfish is that you aren't even thinking about how this stupid ass decision would affect his daughter, nieces and unborn child." I ranted in anger. "Yall are the most pathetic human beings I have ever encountered. If it wasn't for him then Lisa your bar would be out of business. You two dumb assess would not be graduating from college and you would have nothing. I hope all four of you rot in hell."

"That was a nice speech Eva, but like I told Angel its not your decision its mine and I've made up my mind." His dad said before heading towards.

I looked at August. "Mr.Alsina. Wait! Can you please wait until tomorrow so I can bring Armani to see her dad one last time." I begged. "Why can't you bring her now?"