Chapter 20

:: August::
Eva:"Why is the bank telling me that my cards are being declined by the account holder?"
August: "I've been calling you because some stuff is going on with the label man."
Eva: "Okay whats going on?"
August: "I don't know man but those cards you have are the one's the money is deposited into on so I'm about to go down there too the label."
Eva: "Alright well just call me back."
I hung up the phone and leaned back on the couch. I got a call from Allison saying that the label is talking about dropping me. So I gotta go down there with my lawyer and figure this out.
*********
"Hey what did they say?" Eva asked as I walked into the house.
"We got it resolved. It wasn't nothing but a whole bunch of bull." I flooped down on the couch as her and my mom played with Armani on the floor. "Well That's good. I guess." she said not taking her attention off of our daugther.
"Are you hungry because I can go make you guys something to eat?" My mom said getting off the floor. I nodded my head and she walked into the kitchen.
"What was wrong with Mani earlier?" I asked because she mentioned she was trying to buy her medicine. "Fever." she said dryly. "What's wrong with you?" When I came home she was usally so excited and wanted to spend as much time with me. "Nothing. I'm just being a bitch." she answered still not taking her attention off of Mani.
"What are you talking about?"
"Oh so you don't remeber calling me that last night?" she finally looked at me. "I called you that?"
"Yes that and some more."
"Ma, I'm sorry. I really didn't mean that." I said grabbing her hand and pulling her up. "I will never call you that again." I said looking at her. "Sure. Can you change your daughter please?" She said before walking away.
*******
::Eva::
I went upstairs in the room and sat on the bed. I promise if this doesn't get better than I will leave him. I refuse to be treated like my mom was treated. I will not even subject my child to that. I reached over to August's side of the bed to grab the remote and seen his phone going off. I looked at it nad did'nt recognize the number but it was saved as Ashley
Eva: Hello
Ashley: Who is this?
Eva: Umm....No who is this?
Ashley: Oh. so he still holding onto you I see.
Eva: Who are you?
Ashley: You don't remeber me?
she laughed
Eva: Ashle- Yeah I remember you. Why are you calling this phone?
Ashley: Just tell my man..oops I mean YOUR man that I enjoyed last night.
I hung up the phone and waited from August to come upstairs because I didn't want to cause a scene infront of his mom and Alex. I took about five minutes of waiting before he walked into the room.
"What you doing?" he asked walking to the other side of the room and taking his shirt off. "Oh nothing just sitting here trying to figure out WHY THE HELL ASHLEY IS CALLING YOUR PHONE AND WTF YOU DID WITH HER LAST NIGHT?" I yelled throwing the phone at him.
"Eva. I swear to God. I didn't touch that girl." He said walking towards me. I backed away mad. " I DONT BELIEVE YOU! YOU HAVE CHANGED. YOU ARENT THE SAME PERSON I FELL IN LOVE WITH." I grabbed my purse and walked into my daughter's room and grabbed her out of her crib and grabbed her. I walked outside and put her into her car seat. "Eva let me talk to you." he said following me. "I'm tired of talking and all these lame ass excuses." I said before getting in the car and driving off.
********
"Naomi, how do you do it?" I asked sitting on her couch breast feeding Armani. "Do what?" she asked sitting next to me. "How do you live this lifestyle?"
"Oh. I mean it isn't hard but you have to learn how to seperate that life from you home life. Yall have to make time for eachother. If not then."
"Ny, I love him. I really do, but it seems like he's changing and becoming a little controlling."
"Because you let him be in control Eva. Your supposed to hold him down so stop letting him call the shots. Make him take you out and make him stay home when he doesn't have to do things for his label. You need to call all the shots from now on. Be a little stronger and stop letting people run over you man." She said. She was right I was nice to people and maybe too nice. "You know tonight his ex girlfriend called and insinuated that they did something last night." I admitted.
Her eyes widened. "What did he say?" she asked. "He denied it. "
"Do you believe him?"
I shook my head. I had problem with trsuting him in the past and this made me questioning if i really did fully trust him.
"Girl let me tell you something, when you date men in the industry girl you have to be a full on investigator. Let these groupie hoes know. When I first started dating Ray. I was popping up at shows waiting in his dressing room wishing some bitches would be in there. I was showing up to the hotels without notice. That way I knew he wouldn't do nothing because he was scared I was sitting back and watching." she said causing me to laugh a little. "I'm forreal girl had that ass shook." she joked. Maybe she was right. I needed to take all this in and see what's really going on.
"So tell me how you do that?" She said pointing Armani. I laughed.
We heard a loud thump coming from upstairs. "Girl these kids bad as hell." She said getting up. I followed her as we reached the top of the stairs and heard crying. We rushed down the hall and seen Usher jr. crying. "Ely pushed me off the bed." he cried walking towards her. I looked up and seen a bunk bed infront of us. "What am I supposed to do?" she mouthed to me. "Here." I handed her Armani before picking him up. He was much heavier than my daughter. "It's okay buddie. How about we go get some juice baby?" I carried him downstairs and sat him on the counter before going in the fridge and getting out a caprisun and ice pack. I gave him the juice and put the ice pack to his head. I carried him to the couch and turned on spongbob. "Its not hard. Their just boys so they will be ruff." I said looking at Naomi.
********
I dropped Armani off with her grandparents today and headed home. I walked into the house and It was quiet and suprisingly clean. I walked upstairs and seen August laying on the bed sleep. I rolled my eyes as I begin picking up clothes off our room floor. "Hey. when did you get here?" he asked in a sleepy voice. I ignored him and continued cleaning. "Eva can I talk to you please?"
"I'm not really interested in talking right now."
"Eva forreal. He said grabbing the clothes out of my hand. "Let me take you out to dinner just me and you."
"I guess... now let me clean up." I said taking the clothes back.
***********