Chapter 16

****
::Alex::

I woke up the next morning to the sound of the door bell ringing. I opened my room door and seen Eva walking out of hers. We looked at each other before walking down stairs. Whoever this was kept ringing the door bell. I slung the door open and seen a group of people holding things from dress bags to hair curlers. "How may I help you?" Eva said  raising her eyebrow to the people standing at her frontdoor. 

"Yes m'am. I'm looking for a Eva Marie and a Alex Baulding." A man said reading our names off the paper. "Yes, Im Alex and She's Eva." I responded curious to why this man was here. "Hello ladies. My name is Terrell and this is my team. We were sent here by a Mr. Alsina to get you ready for a event. "Please come in." Eva said moving aside and letting them. I closed the door and looked at Eva to see if she knew what was going on she shrugged her shoulders before walking into the living room where they stood waiting on us. "Please have a seat." I instructed as I sat down. 

*** 

It was 4:00 and we were still getting our hair, make-up, and nails done.  We were laughing at how funny the hairstylist is. He was doing My hair while he waited for Eva;s hair to dry. "Hunny the last man i been with was so bad." He joked causing us to laugh. I looked over as I heard someone walk into the house. It was Jason. "You looking good." He said pecking me on the lips and hugging Eva before walking into the kitchen. The house had a open concept plan so we could see the kitchen from the living room. "Where you coming from?" I asked asked as he pulled a bottle of water out of the fridge. "Hooping with Aug. I just came to see what you yall was up too before I met back up with him." He said stiing in the couch infront of us.

"So he's back in town and hasn't called or came home?" Eva asked getting a little upset. "Yeah I mean he just got back this morning and called me to come hoop and then meet him at the barber shop." Jason said defending him. I looked over at Eva who looke like she was in discomfort as she grabbed her stomach. I got a little concerned given she was just in the hospital. "Are you okay?" I asked. "Im fine I just need to lay down." She said getting out of the chair and walking upstairs. 

"Is she okay?" Jason asked. "I dont know." I answered as Terrell curled my hair. "Well im about to go so imma see you later." He said hugging me and kissing me on my cheek. "Alright. Be safe." I said as he grabbed his car keys off the counter and walking out the door.

Terrell finished my hair and pinned it up as they finished my make-up and Eva was still upstairs. "Imma go get her? Is that okay?" He asked. "Yes it the first door on the left." I said as I watched him make is way towards the stairs. The door bell rang again and I got up out of the chair and made my way to the door. I opened the door and seen a man standing there with almost three dozen roses. "Hi, Im looking for an Eva." He said. "She's not available but I can take those." I said grabbing the roses and walking back into the house. "I'll be right back. " I said as I walked past the makeup artist. i walked into Eva's room and seen her laying on the bed with her back to Terrell. "Look what I have." I said holding the vase of roses. She turned her head and once she saw the roses she sat up and looked at the roses she pulled the card out and read it aloud. "I heard you were mad so I sent these over. Don't be mad at me ma all of this will make since in a couple of hours. Love you-August" 

"Aww that was sweet." Terrell said. "Now come on and get your face beat so when you man come home you can look good." I said helping her out the bed. A few hours ago I remembered what August told me and what this was all about. 

****

We had just gotten done with our hair and makeup and I was up in my room getting dressed while Eva was getting help down stairs. August had bought this stylist over to style me but he already picked out Eva's dress. I finished getting dressed and walked down stairs and seen Eva. She looked amazing. Her dress was beautiful and she had this glow. "You look so pretty." I said walking up to her. "You too." She said looking at my outfit. I turned around as I heard the front door open. I could here the footsteps approached us. I was excited for tonight and how she would react.