Chapter 13

::Eva::
It was 5:00 in the morning and I was packing my bags for this trip to Atlanta. I was coming back tomorrow morning so I shouldn't really pack a lot. Everyone was still asleep. I tried to be quite as possible. No one knows I'm going to Atlanta yet, only because this was so last minute.
I heard my phone vibrate. It was a text for Naomi.
Naomi: For now on , you will only be working for Justine and Jacquees.
Eva:: Okay
I was kind of happy because those other dudes were a little too much and out of my league.
"What are you doing?" I sleepy voice said startling me.
I turned around and seen August standing behind me with only his boxers on.
"I uhhh... I have to go to Atlanta today for my job." I said slowly looking him up and down.
"And you just now saying something." He said walking into the bathroom. "I only found out last night and you were sleep so." I said loud enough for him to hear me. "We were supposed to meet with my family tonight."
I seriously forgot. My mind has been all over the place. "I'm so sorry. I can't make it. Do you wanna reschedule?" I asked feeling guilty. "No I rather tell them now because the longer I wait the worse it might be." he said flopping onto the bed.
"Call me and tell me what happens. I still wanna be here for you no matter what." I kissed his forehead. "Now come drop me off." I said handing him the keys.
********
We pulled up to the drop off zone at the airport. I seen Jacquees and Justine Getting out of a black Tahoe. August helped me out of the car before grabbing my bags.
"Goodmorning." I said greeting them. Justine smiled and waved. "GoodMorning beautiful." Jacquees smiled.
"Okay babe. Call me when you land. Love you. August said placing my suitcase by my feet and hugging and kissing me. "Love you." I said back before he got into the car.
"He's cute girl." Justine joked.
I blushed. "Yeah. He's awesome." I said admiring him.
********
::August::
I walked into the kitchen of my house and seen Angel in the kitchen.
"Look what the car drug in." she joked. "Haha , it's too early for jokes." I said sitting on the stool.
"So I'm about to go get the twins from school. Whatever you have to tell us better be very important because I'm not driving two hours for no bull." she said.
"Trust me it's worth it." I said lowly.
"Alright kiddo." She said rubbing my head before walking upstairs.
::Jordan::
"Amanda have you seen my jersey." I said looking under the couch for it. It was the jersey my mom used to wear to all of my little league games. I took it to every game with me it was the only piece of her I had at my games. It still had the chilli dog stain on there that I spilled all over my mom.
"Talking about that old blue one?" she asked.
"Yeah the old blue one. Where is it?" I asked a little upset.
"Oh I dropped that off at the cleaners this morning. It was a mess." She said opening the fridge.
"YOU DID WHAT?" I yelled.
"What's wrong?" she asked confused.
"THAT WAS MY MOMS JERSEY!" I yelled again.
"Jordan im so sorry. I really didn't know."
"Did you not see Jordan's mom printed on the back?"
"I didn't pay attention." She said lowley.
I stormed up the stairs and slammed my room door.
I pulled out my phone and called Eva.
::Eva::
"Okay so today both of you have a interview at the radio station at 2:00 then another at 3:00. Justine you have a meet and greet at 4:30 and Jacquees you have one at 5:00. Then your performances at 9:00" I said looking at the schedule on my phone as we walked in the hotel lobby.
"Okay so I'm about to go have lunch with a few friends." Justine said walking next to me.
"Okay we are leaving for the radio station at 1:30." I stated. It was only 11:00 so that gave her enough time to do whatever she needed.
****
I was in my hotel room with a sports bra and yoga pants on. I was about to go down to the gym when my phone began ringing and a knock at the door. I went to get the door and whoever is calling I can call back. I opened the door and seen Jacquees standing there. "Umm.. I was wondering if you wanted to go grab a bite to eat." He said looking me up and down but stoping at my stomach. He stared at my baby bump which I always tried to hide from people with baggy clothes.
"You still wanna go out to eat now?" I asked feeling ashamed. He didnt say anyhting. "Right." I said about to close my door but he stopped it. "Of course. Why wouldn't I?" He asked. I moved aside letting him in. "Who wants to hang out with the pregnant girl?"
"Who am I to judge?" He said sitting on the couch. "Who is anyone to judge? Okay you've made a mistake everyone does. Besides I made the same mistake 4 years ago." He said. I shot my head towards him. "Yeah. I have a daughter. 4 years old her name is London." He smiled.
"I would have never thought." I admitted. "She's the reason why I work hard. I raise her by myself her mother wanted nothing to do with me or her." He said showing me a picture of her. She was the cutest little thing I've seen. "How about we finish this conversation over lunch?" He asked. "Sure let me change." I said.
****
"So are you ready to be a mother?" he asked as we looked over the menu.
"I dont know. Its kinda bittersweet feeling. To think that its a baby inside of me that im responisble for is scary. I don't know what to do or how to take care of I child." I said.
"I mean there's no..." The sound of my phone ringing cut him off. I looked down and seen Jordan calling me. "Im sorry I have to take this." I said answering my phone.
Eva:: "Hey kiddo."
Jordan:: "Can you please come get me?"
I could tell he was sad and upset my the tone of his voice.
Eva:: "Whats wrong?"
Jordan: "Im so tired of Amanda. She ruined the mom's team jersey."
I sighed.
Eva:: "Jordan, Im sure it was a accident."
Jordan:: "Eva please just come get me."
Eva:: "Jordan I cant right now. I'm.."
He cut me off.
Jordan:: "I don't even know why I called you. Your never there when I need you."
He yelled before hanging up the phone. He was right everytime he needed me I was always to busy or moving to fast to even stop and think about how he is feeling about everything that was going on.
"I'm sorry that was my little brother. Give me one more second." I said dialing Alex's number.
Alex:: "Hey, whats up?"
Eva:: "Can you go get Jordan and bring him to our place?"
Alex: "Yeah, Whats going on?"
Eva:: "I'll tell you later I gotta go."
I hung up the phone and slipped it into my purse.
"I sorry. My brother and I have been through so much these last 6 months and now this." I said rubbing my stomach.
"Nobody can tell you how parenthood will feel. When my daughter was first born nobody told me how hard it would be. Her mother left her with me when she was 5 months. I didn't know what to do. How I was gone feed her? Nothing. I'm just blessed to be where I am and to have a strong mom behind me." He said telling me about what he has been going through. "Have you told your mom and dad?" he asked.
"My mother died when I was 12 and My dad is disappointed in me." I said getting sad. "I can handle him being mad but disappointing him is the worst feeling. That means I let him down and I dont think I can live with that. I've been through so much these last few months. I just dont know if this baby is a blessing or a burden." I said getting teary eyed. It was good to talk to somebody. "I found out I had a sister. To here that my father wasn't the guy who I've always thought of him to be. That I was a bet to the man I love. And That my mother committed suicide." I cried. "I'm sorry. You probably think im crazy for telling you this." I apologized and whipped my face.
"I don't think your crazy. Your hurt . But your about to be someone's mother and You can't carry that baby stressed out. Talk to them and try to make a menace but don't keep crying over it. If they can't accept you for who you are then they don't deserve to be in you or your child's life." he said grabbing my head.
I nodded my head and wiped my tears. He was right. Nobody is worth my tears. I've cried way too much over the same thing. I'm done fighting.