Chapter 41

"What?"

She laid back down and closed her eyes. Did she really just say what I think she said?

"Eva.....I know you hear me talking to you." I tried to get her attention. I knew she wasn't sleep so I don't understand why she was ignoring me. "EVA!"

"Can you chill out before you wake her up?" She said before getting out of the bed grabbing her robe and stepping out of the room. I followed her as we went down stairs. "Why are you just now telling me this?"

"Telling you what? I knew it was a chance papa would be deported, so nana's going with him until he gets a visa and legal paper to come back, which shouldn't take that long."

"You know thats not what i'm talking about. What do you mean you might lose London and Justin? Why didn't you tell me? I could help."

"No August. There is nothing you can do apparently there is a loop hole in Lo's adoption and her mother is out of jail and is fighting the adoption. And Social services believes Justin is staying in a unsafe home and environment."

"Why would they think that?"

I was confused onto what lead them to even get the idea. Eva cared for that boy like he was her own. She protected him, with her life so I just didn't understand it.

She stood there looking me up and down. Before drooping her head.

"Because of..." I could tell she was holding something back.

"Of?"

"You August. The shooting, The fame, The press, The fans. They don't think it is the proper way to raise a child and in some way I am endangering him by exposing him that lifestyle. Then to top it off the shooting, How can I ensure them that won't happen again?"

"It won't" I said in a tone trying to convince her.

"How? How do you possibly know it wont happen again? We never would have thought it would happen the first time and here we are wondering if it'll ever happen again."

I walked closer to her and hugged her. "Because now I am here. 100% and genuinely here for you and those kids and nothing will ever happen to either of you. I promise. Baby you just have to trust and know that I have your back."

"Promise?" She stepped back and looked into my eyes. I could tell she was looking for sincerity.

"Promise." I leaned in to kiss but before I could the door bell rung.

"I'll be right back." I kissed her forehead before walking to the front door and opening it.

I opened it and seen Destiny's brother standing there.

"Hey, I know its late but is Eva awake? Its extremely important."

"Umm,Yeah. Yeah she's in here." I opened the door more allowing him to come in.

"Derek, What are you doing here?" Eva stood up from the couch.

"I've been trying to call you."

"Yeah, I think I left my phone in my car. Is everything okay?"

"Umm-" He started. He turned around and looked at me then back at her before he spoke again. "Can I talk to you and private?"

Eva looked at me and hesitated before she answered. "Yeah, Follow me."

::Eva::

I walked Derek down the hall to the in home office. I closed the french door that opened up into the room after we were both inside to ensure we had privacy.