Chapter 15

NEXT DAY
*****
:: August::
I received this call from Usher this morning asking me to meet up with him this morning and that it was important. I pulled up to the restaurant and got out of the car handing my keys to the this valet wearing a red jacket. I walked inside scanning the restaurant looking for Usher.
"I'm looking for a Usher Raymond." I said to the hostess. She nodded her head and motioned for me to follow her. She led me to this room , It was secluded and with no people around. I looked over to the table and seen Usher and two older men I've never see before. "Whats up man?" I said dapping Usher up. "August please meet Vincent Herbert. He works for Interscope Records." he said as Vincent stood up shaking my hand. "And this is my lawyer Richard Johnson." He said intoducing us. I shook his hand before taking my seat next to Usher.
"Mr.Alsina, After Usher here pitched my label the song you created we had to meet with you before any other label. We believe that you have the whole package to be a superstar and all you need is a strong label backing. The thing we will be offering you that our competitors like Columbia and Atlantic wont will be a 1 year advance. " He said pulling out paper from a folder. "Meaning that you will be one of the most known names around the world in 1 year. Most of the time it takes around two years. The first year we prep and train you while working on you debut album. But from what ive seen your ready for step 2 and we will take you all the way. We will release you song as a single. Have it playing on every radio station there is getting you a fan base. Next we will have you doing shows here in there. Then you will open up on tour for other artist getting you a even stronger fan base all while working on your album. " He said going over the contract.
"Vince, That all sounds good but we need to discuss money. My man here is a father and needs to provide for his child." Usher said before I could even speak. "So lets talk money."
"Okay. On page three it says that you will receive a signing bonus of 2 million." My eyes widened once I heard the amount. "That's just for signing on to us. You will receive 80 percent of any money you make from shows and we will take the other 20 percent. You will get a 1 million allowance that will go towards your album, wardrobe, studio and photoshoots. This is only for your first album. Anything booked outside the label like club apperances you keep all the money and we make nothing." He said.
I looked at Usher not knowing what to say. "Can we have a minute alone with my client?" Mr.Johnson asked. Vince nodded his head before getting up and walking away. They waited for him to walk away before speaking. "Alright so let me break this down to you. This contract is worth 7 million." Mr.Johnson said looking at me. "What does that mean?" I asked confused. "That means you have to make them 7 million dollars before you are able to move onto something else. The only way out of this is if you don't sell like they expect and they buy you out in order to not have to produce your music. The benefit of this all is that you are expected to make more than 7 million. So if they make 7 off of you. You would make around 20 to 30 million possibly more. If you sign today then the 2 million will be deposited today."
"So what your saying is if I sign this paper. I can take care of my family." I asked. They nodded their head."Give me the pen." I went through the papers signing and initialing on all the lines. Vince walked back in and I handed him the contract. "It was nice doing buissness with you Mr.Alsina." He said smiling and shaking everyones hand.
"Now I gotta go buy my baby this house." I said walking out of the room.
*****************
THREE MONTHS LATER
::Eva::
I was in the nursery of the new home putting away clothes that I bought my newborn. It felt so good just to be home after being in the hospital for two weeks.I wish August was here but he had to go out of town this morning however I was waiting for Jacquees to come over because I havent spoke to him after I passed out behind stage in Atlanta. I was putting away the last shirt when I heard the door bell. I made my way to the doorr wobbling the whole way. I gained almost 40 pounds over the last few months and I was nothing but baby. I opened the door and seen Jacquees holding pink gift bags and ballons and one hand and shopping bags and flowers in the other. "Hey." He said as I opened the door. "Hey. Let me help you." I said grabbing the pink gift bags and ballons out of one hand. I moved aside letting him inside and closing the door behind me. I led him to the famliy room and sat the presents on the floor. "What is all this?" I asked taking the flowers from him. "I just wanted to get you something because I didnt see you in the hospital." He said hugging me. "Thanks but you didn't have to do this."
We walked out the backyard and sat on the patio furniture that over looked the pool. "So what did the doctors say? He asked. "Well he put me on bed rest until I have the baby. Meaning I cant work for now."
"Man the crew gone miss you." He said referring to all his friends that go everywhere with us. They were an amazing group pf people to be around. They kept you laughing and smiling no matter what you were going through. "Mmm huh. And you won't" I asked smirking. "Na." He said smiling."But what made you pass out?" He said changing the subject. "Well he said that I had Low amniotic fluids but it was at a seven so I'm having ultrasounds every week to monitor the level but what actually caused me to pass out was Early onset preeclampsia which is severe high blood pressure. He gave me medicine to help mature the baby's lungs and keep my blood pressure down but of it gets worse than I might have to deliver her early. Which I dont want to do so im watching my diet and stress." I said rubbing my belly, I didn't wanna lose this baby or deliver this baby at 7 months. "Yeah you definitely need to watch that and deliver me a healty neice." He said rubbing my belly. I could feel her moving around in th my stomach. It was like she was doing a dance rountine in my stomach.and I was sure he felt her kick. "Lets go see this nursery you've been talking about and open these gifts." He said holding out his hand for me to grabbed. I grabbed his hand as he pulled me up.
*********
"Have you thought of any names?" He said as I sat in the rocking chair and he pulled out multiple boxes of clothing and shoes out of the gift bags. "Well I was thinking Armani Marie." I said. "I like that." He said giving me a smile before his phone vibarated. "Alright I gotta go. I'll hit you up later." He said hugging me. "Alright. Let me walk you out. " I got up and followed him to the front door. i watched as he got into his all black Range Rover. I closed the door and was in the house all alone until 2 o'clock when Amanda was coming over. I went into the kitchen and looked through the freeezer for something to cook. I always cook at night for Alex and I , sometimes Jason and August are here.
- I opened the door to Amanda wearing a red blouse and black pants. She had her hair curled and pulled back out of her face. This was her first time over the house. No one has been over except Naomi, Alex and Jason. I pulled her into the hug and welcomed her into the house. "This house is beautiful." She said looking around. "Thanks." I said handing her a glass of water. "No seriously. How much are you guys paying for rent?" She asked looking around. "Well we don't pay rent we bought it." I said. Her eyes widened as she placed her glass of water on the coffee table. "You mean to tell me a 18 year old and a 19 year old own this home." she said shocked. I nodded my head."Chile, How much was this ? because I know me and your fathers home is worth 800,00 and it is smaller than this." she said walking through the house as I followed her. "The asking price was 1.2 but we got it down to 1.1." I hestitated to answer. "Wait what?.. Where did yall even get a million dollars from?" she asked. That would be a great question but I don't know where August got his money from. He told me it was a surprise and I would find when he got home. All I know is he makes alot of money. "August has this job and makes alot of money." I answered.
"Alright then. Well lets see this nursery." I led her to the nursey and turned on the light. It had this wooden white crib that sat beside the white rocking chair that had a pink blanket drapped over it. I had put a matching changing table on the wall next to the closet and a dresser next to the door. There were little decoration on the wall and some frames sitting on the floor. I was going to take maternity shots with Auguts and get them blown up and placed on the wall then get her newborn pictures on the wall. "This is beautiful." she said looking around.
*******
::August::
I was in New York promoting my album. I was in the car with my manager Allison. She was in her late 20's had long black hair. She was lightskin. Allison was very sophisticated, all about her buissness. She was on her phone as we pulled up to the radio station. We were rushed inside by security so I wouldn't be attacked by fans. I got inside the radio station inside and sat in the chair infront of the microphone. "That was that new August Alsina track called You deserve.Stay tuned cause we got August..ALSINA in the building. And one lucky caller will get V.I.P tickets to the Summer Jam tonight.This is the breakfast club." The light skin man said with a lightly shaved beard. He took off his head phones and stood up. "What's up man? How you been." He said dapping me up. "I been good. What up Charlemagne.." I said to a dark skinned man sitting next to me shaking my hand. "Angela Yee." I said hugging a older women. "Thanks for coming out man." Dj Envy said sitting back down and playing with the soundboard. "Ight man. We say alot of crazy stuff on here so don't it offensively its just how we joke." Charlemagne said handing me some headphones. "We go on air in 60 seconds." A lady said opening the door. 

"Goodmorning everybody its Dj Envy, Angela Yee, and Charlemagne The God. We are the breakfast club. We gotta special guest in the building and Angela Yee's Boo Boo." Envy joked getting comfortable in his chair. "I knew that was coming." she laughed. "Yeah I seen the Instagram post." I laughed. "You know August actually called me and was like can you please take that down?" She said looking at me. "Wait what?" Charlemegne asked. "He was like, look Anglea can you take that down cause my girl tripping and I could hear her in the background going off." She said making everybody laugh. "See what had happened was my girl isn't real big on social media and all so she doesn't really know what I do. So I had just got back in from a New york and I laid on the bed placing my phone on the night stand." I said explaining what happened. "She done caught you slipping." Envy joked causing every one to laugh. "She came wobbling in the room 6 months pregnant and she picked up the phone and she seen the picture with the comment Man crush monday and all she seen was the crush part and my picture and went off." I finished. "I took it down though because I respect people's relationships 100 percent and didnt wanna disrespect her." Angela said. 

"You know pregnant girlfriends are the worst to fight with." Envy said. "How long have you and her been together?" Angela asked. "Well we have known eachother since middles school but havent actually talked or dated until about 10 months ago." I answered. "So yall are like Highschool sweethearts. That is so cute." Angela squealed. "Yeah that girl has been my rock and all my love songs are dedicated to her. She pushed me to live out the dream I had and not the dream of my father. So she's the reason I do this. The first song I ever wrote was dedicated to her and it will be on my album." I said. "I just wanna be the best father and boyfriend to her and my daughter and someday maybe a husband." I admitted. "That is so cute. You are like an example to all men out there. We need more like you." Angela asked. "Now you mentioned she doesn't know you are a artist how is that possible?" Charlemegne asked. "She doesn't do social media. She stays to herself the only friend she really has is her bestfriend who lives with us and she knows but i asked her not to mention it to her. Her father is a preacher so they really dont listen to this type of music." 

"So why hasn't anyone seen her before?" Envy asked. "You've seen her but you just didn't know who she was." I answered referring to pictures that Jacquees posted and the ones took back stage of the shows. "Before I forget. I wanna give yall these plane tickets to come out to my listening party tomorrow night." I said handing them each a ticket. 

**************

This was a filler chapter.