Chapter 25

::Ashley::
"Okay so we can do that today. I'll go set it up." I said to Ms.Shelia as I walked out the guest house. She wanted me to gather everyone over here so she could tell them something. I didn't know what it was but she seemed serious. I decided that I'll have a family barbecue. "Hey where you going?" I said as I seen August walking out the door as I was coming in. "About to go workout with some old friends." "What time you coming back ?"
"I don't know." he answered. "Well your mother wanted me to get you and your siblings over a 8. She needs to talk to you." He shrugged his shoulders. "Alright." He proceeded to walk out.
"Oh , Can you call Eva and invite her?"

"Why are you inviting her?" He asked. "Your mom asked me too." "Yeah, Alright."

I went into our room and pulled out my laptop.

::Eva::

I was in my kitchen watching dishes and cooking lunch. I was waiting for Jacquees to bring me London. I havent seen her in about 3 weeks. I missed her so much. I love her like she way my own child. In fact she basically is mines. I bath her, feed her, cloth her and care for her. In my heart she is my daughter but to the court she isn't.

I dried my hands when I heard the door unlock. "Yo." I heard Jacquees say. "Is that my London?" I asked as they walked into the house. She walked into the kitchen and hugged me. "Did you miss me? Because I missed you." I asked looking down at her. She nodded her head as she hugged me. "How was disney land?"

"I had so much fun."

"Thats good. Go put you bag in you room while I talk to your daddy." I said. She walked out the kitchen. "How was the flight?" I asked turning my attention back to the food I was cooking. "It was fine but all she was talking about was playing with Armani." I chuckled. London loved playing with Armani. "I wanna ask you something." "Whats up?" he opened the fridge and began looking through it. "When your out of town and London gets sick, or needs to go to the doctor or anything I can't really do anything because i'm not her guardian or anything." I said. "Ight. So i'll give you guardianship." He said before sitting on the counter. "No." "No?"

"I want to adopt her." His eyes widened. "You want to what?"

"Let me adopt her and become her legal mother." I know this sounds crazy im her god mother but she is basically mines so why not. She lives with me more than she does her father. Her mother is locked away inside a jail in Atlanta."I don't know Eva. Alyssa is not going to like this."

Alyssa was her mother who still had parental rights. "Why not? I only have her daughters best intrest at heart." I said a little upset. He got down from the counter and stood behind me. He placed his hands on my shoulder and massaged them. "I know Eva but-" I turned around and faced him. "At least consider it. For London?" "Fine, I'll consider it." "Thank you. Now go get Armani out her crib." I smiled.

I put the food on the plate and placed them at the table and waited for them to come and eat. I walked back to the kitchen to grab a glass of lemonade as I heard my a knock at my door. "Lo come eat." I yelled as i walked towards the door.

"Uh- Hey ?" I said shocked at the fact that August was standing at my door. "Hey, I came by ti ask you something." I nodded my head as her stood on my front porch. "Oh umm come in." I said inviting him in. I closed the door as I walked towards my kitchen. "Eva.." London said walking up to me. "Yes." "Can I have some juice?" I opened the fridge and handed her a juice box. "Do you want something to eat?" I asked as August leaned aganist my counter. "No. I wont be staying long." He said with a attitude. "Okay so whats up?" I brushed it off. "My mama wanted you and Armani to come by for this get together she's having."

"I don't know. I really dont think thats a great idea." I said. I didn't want to be around him or his wife after what we did. "Look I wouldn't ask you too but she said it was something important we needed to know." He said. I knew exactly what he was talking about. "Okay. Im bringing London with me." I said not wanting to face this. Ms.Shelia said she would only tell them when it was close to her time. "So thats yo nigga now?" He asked bluntly. "Excuse me?" "You keeping his daughter and she even has her own room here. You don't just do that." He said a little loud. "Lower your voice. And thats where your wrong. You do just do that when that little girl has no one else. and plus i'm thinking about adopting her so you will not question me about my child." I whispered angrily. "I think it time for you to go." "I think so too." He said looking at me. I folded my arms. He walked away and headed towards the door I followed behind him closing and locking my door.