Chapter 2: Game Day

::Eva::

Today was game day. Me in my girls sat in the locker room going over our routine. I was a perfectionist when it came to dancing. I worked so hard on these routine that i needed them to be perfect.

"Okay girl lets run through this on more time." I said looking at the clock and seeing that we had three minutes until half time. We ran through the routine once again then everyone checked their hair and makeup. We all gathered around in a circle because I always said a prayer before our performances. "Dear Father," I said as we bowed our heads. " I ask that you watch over each and everyone of us as we perform on that field tonight. Lord I ask that you take the nervousness out of our minds and that you give us the strength to do the best that we can do. Amen." "Amen." The girls all said in union. I walked to the door and the girls walked out behind us as we waited for them to introduce us. "Ladies and Gentlemen put your hands together for our very own Dazziling Diamonds." I could hear the noise from the crowed. I looked back at my girls and smiled as we walked out to the field.

::August:

We were in the locker room listening to the coach yell. We were down twelve points all we need was to score a touch down. I was going to make sure that happened. " Yo after the ball is hiked Lawerence Im going to make it seem as if im handing you the ball run it. you will be our diversion." He nodded." Jason Im going to actually give you the ball. Im going to run out to the 60 yard line throw me the ball and im going to run it." Jason nodded. " Alsina I hope this works we can not lose this game." Coach said unsure of the play I called. "Okay we got about two minutes left." he added walking into his office.

I walked over the locker room door and looked out to the field and seen the half time show. I scanned the field looking for Eva. I spotted her doing some type of flip. "Alright boys. Lets go." Our coach said pushing past me.

::Eva::

We went back in our dressing room. I hugged all of my girls I was so proud to see how well we did. I took a seat in my chair. All my girls had chairs with there names on the back of them. I looked at the team as they all laughed and joked. I was really going to miss this group of girls after we graduate this year. I pulled out my phone and seen a text from Jason. It had to come in while we were performing.

Jason: Dont forget!

I chuckled. I placed my phone in my bag and stood up. "Are we still going to Jason's get together?" I asked my girls. They looked at me like 'did you really just ask that?' I laughed."Of course we are."

"Well we are riding with you." Chealsea, Destiny and Jasmine said standing up and grabbing their bags. I nodded. " Im about to come over too i just have to stop by my house." Alex said running out the door.

Chelsea,Destiny and Jasmine arrived to my house. We were in my room getting ready to go to Jason's party which by the way started 20 minutes ago.

I had on a black strapless top, jeans with a Moschino belt, and black bow sandals. I pulled my hair back in a bun and threw on some accesiories. *Picture on the side*

"Hey boo." Alex said walking into my room wearing floral shirt and light blue jeans with some jordans.I looked around and seen the rest of the girls were ready. I grabbed my phone and walked out of my room closing the door. The girls walked down stairs as I walked into my room to see if my brother was ready to go. "You ready bud?" I asked my brother. "Yes, Quick question?" I walked in his room and moitioned for him to contine. "How are all of us going to fit in you car?" He was right everyone wasnt going to be able to sit in my BMW. "Right." I said walking out if his room and walking into my dad's room.

"Hey princess." He said looking up from his bible. "Daddy Alex, Jasmine, Destiny, Chelsea , Jordan And I are about to go to this get together at a friends house." I said sitting on the side of his bed. "He nodded for me to continue. "Well my car is too small for all of us. I was wondering if we could borrow your Range Rover for the night." He hesitated at first but then slowly handed me the keys." Eva, Do not play around in my car! Drive safe and NO BOYS." he said as took the keys out his hand and kissed him on the cheek. "Love you." I said running down the stairs.

::Jason::

"So I'm guessing im about to be three hundred dollars richer." I said to August as we stood in my living room. "Why would you say that?" he said turning around . "Because you havent even made a move on Eva yet." "First we never agreed on any money." i laughed and nodded." Okay well lets put 300 on it." I said looking him up and down holding out my hand for him to shake. He shook my hand.

Some of the dance team was already here and but not Eva and her friend. We were all in my living room sitting around chilling. I had a movie night planned in my basement which my parents turned into a theater. I invited the whole team and Eva invited her dance team so no one should be lonely. There was a knock at the door. I opened it and there was Eva, 4 girls and her brother. "I hope you dont mind i brought my brother." I said stepping by and letting everyone in. "No you good." i closed the door and stepped in. "Alright lets take this down stairs." I said opening the door that led to the basement.

::August::

"Wait August Can you and Eva grab the popcorn and drinks."Jason said before closing the door. "I guess so." she joked turning around and walking to the kitchen. It was a awkward silence as I stood there turning on the popcorn maker. " So how did the game end she said leaning on the counter near me. " You know the boys came out on top." i said smirking at her. she chuckled and rolled her eyes. "I must admit your little team can dance." she smiled " My little team has won four all-star championships and yours?" she retorted. "Ahh I see. So we throwing shots now?" i said turning my attention towards her. She laughed." No I throw no shade only stating the obvious." I shook me head and turned around to check on the popcorn. I turned back around and seen her smiling at something on her phone. Her smile was so beautiful. She had one of those smiled that would make your bad day not so bad day and beautiful brown her eyes would tell a story every time you saw her. "boyfriend?" I asked. She looked at me in confusion. "Is that your boyfreind making you smile that hard?" I spoke again. "No I dont have a boyfriend and to answer your question its just my dad." I was kinda embarrased. " And do you have a girlfriend?" she asked.

I shook my head no as i leaned over her reaching for the bowl.She looked up at me, her soft brown eyes already locked on mine. I leaned in; lips parting slightly. I was just about to kiss her then "Whats taking you guys so long?" her friend said walking into the room. I was still looking into her eyes until she stepped back. "Here we come." she said turning around. I walked past her carrying the popcorn.

::Eva::

Oh my gosh he was about to kiss me until Alex walked in. August walked passed us and into the basement. "Ummhuh.. You were about to kiss him." Alex said turning around towards me. I smiled. " No I wasnt." I said grabbing the drinks and walking into the basement. When we got down there Alex sat in the back near Jason . I looked over to make sure Jordan was okay and seen him sitting with one of my dancers Amber. She was the only underclass man I let on the squad. I walked up the stairs to sit next to Alex but August took my seat. I looked at him and gave him a death glare before sitting next to him , he smirked. Everyone took there seats and the lights begin to dim as the movie came on.

To my surprise 'The conjuring' came on . I wasn't a fan of scary movies so my became a little unease " It's okay ma." august whispered grabbing my hand .

After the movie , I gathered everyone and told them to be outside by the car in five minutes. We were already past curfew and my dad was gonna freak because I forgot to call and tell him.

I was standing outside near my car waiting on everyone when August walked up to me.

"Your such a scary cat." he joked. He was referring to how many times I screamed and jumped during the movie. " Haha." I chuckled. "It's okay ma. I found it kinda cute." he stated . I just smiled . It got a little awkward. "Well I had fun but I gotta go." I said opening the car door . he closed the door and pushed me up against the car and looked in my eyes. He ran his fingertips up my forearm , leaving a trail of goosebumps blooming in their wake . He brought his hand up to cup my cheek, his thumbs running along the curve of my cheek bone. He leaned down and I can feel every breath he took up against my skin. I closed my eyes waiting for his lips to crash on mine. "What's your number?" he said stepping back . I opened my eyes feeling so embarrassed . " umm... my number right " I stuttered . I gave him my number and was about to get in the car along with everyone else. " before you go. " He said as turning around. He grabbed me by my waist and pulled me closer to him and pressed his lips against mine. It was so gentle as if he was afraid to hurt me. He ran his finger through my hair and pulled me closer. As soon as I started to kiss back he pulled away leaving me wanting more. "Drive safe." he said opening my car door. I smiled at him and got in.