Chapter 7

MONDAY
3:30PM

"Quez, you aren't supposed to go to work", said Jordan.

"It's not like I'm going to be lifting stuff", said Tyquez.

"Yea but work tends to stress you out", said Jordan.

"And that is why I come home and love on my fiancé", said Tyquez.

Jordan smiled a little.

"I never got a chance to apologized about the other day and I just wanna say that I'm sorry. I was being insensitive about your feelings. I guess you can say that I'm going through traumatic experience too. The only difference is mine resulted in anger, yours resulted in sadness", said Tyquez. "I'm sorry"

"It's okay...that's why I didn't argue with you", said Jordan. "I understood"

"Yea but I should've understood. I didn't think about you having to take a person's life and what that could've done to your mental", said Tyquez.  "I am so sorry"

"It's okay. Really", said Jordan. "But anyways, call into work. They'll have to miss you today and tomorrow. You need to rest."

"Who am I going to call into? I own the place", said Tyquez.

"You know what I mean", said Jordan. "But I have to go check in on the restaurant. The kids aren't here so you can just relax"

"I can't do anything anyway", said Tyquez. "My back hurts"

Jordan grabbed her bag and keys.

"I'll be back", said Jordan.

"This would be a good time for us to get some alone time. We don't get it as much", said Tyquez.

"I know. I'll be back soon. It shouldn't take long", said Jordan.

"Alright. Be careful", said Tyquez.

"Okay", said Jordan.

Jordan opened the door and she saw Daryl, Hakeem's brother, getting out of his car.

Jordan quickly shut the door and walked toward him.

"Tell me you didn't", said Daryl.

"How did you even find out where I li—"

"Tell me you didn't!", Daryl shouted.

Jordan began to get nervous.

"Daryl look...I- it—"

"You're an intelligent girl. You can talk a little better than that", said Daryl.

"It was an...accident", said Jordan as her voice cracked. "You have to understand that Hakeem was the aggressor"

Daryl shook his head and he took some steps back.

"I can't understand how you could do that to him", said Daryl.

"My fiancé was on his death bed because of Hakeem. I was scared okay. Hakeem got too close to me after threatening me", said Jordan. "I didn't mean to. You think I wanted to kill the man that I once loved? Hell no. I didn't. I'm still beating myself up because of it"

"Bullshit", said Daryl.

"...he ran into the knife", said Jordan.

"You're going to regret this shit.", said Daryl.

"Is that a threat?", asked Jordan.

"It's a promise. Just wait", said Daryl. "You and that nigga in the house"

"Daryl I get you're upset about your brother but—"

"Upset?", he asked. "Nah, I'm pissed. You let that nigga in there fill your head up. You let him end your marriage and now you're a whole new person."