Chapter 27

THAT EVENING...

"I ain't come on this damn trip to argue with yo ass. I don't wanna argue with you period. But since you wanna keep asking me, no. No, apart of me doesn't trust you. My subconscious does not trust you. But my heart does. I'm not saying you're some hoe and unloyal. What I'm saying is, everybody is human. We all fuck up", said Tyquez.

Jordan looks down.

"I know that at the end of the day, you'll always be by my side and won't do anything behind my back but Jordan regardless of who you are, I'm still going to have my guard up. You do too. Everybody does whether there is trust in a relationship or not", said Tyquez.

"Unlike you, I wouldn't want you to be limited to opportunities because of my insecurities or what I'm thinking in the back of head", said Jordan.

"I'm wrong. I'll admit it. I'm wrong for that, but it's how I feel. I'm sorry", said Tyquez. "I'll do better on that part"

"...I never really realized all of the things that was wrong in this relationship until now", said Jordan.

"Which isn't much", said Tyquez.

"You're right, it isn't much but it's some huge things that can make or break us", said Jordan. "We're working on things before we get married and it's all that matters...right?"

"Look...after we have this baby. I will be supportive of you going back to school", said Tyquez.

Jordan smiles.

"Really?", she asked.

"Really. I mean like I'm happy your pregnant because that's a blessing growing inside of you but I'm sorry that you're pregnant because I know how much you wanted to expand yourself", said Tyquez. "I thought that being at home and not having to really work was something that you would want and I thought that's how shit was supposed to be"

"Why'd you think I'd want that?", asked Jordan.

"Because I've seen you come to work everyday, tired and stressed out. Having so much weight on your shoulders or being the provider...I wanted better for you", said Tyquez.

Jordan looks down.

"So I wasn't being 100 percent selfish...", said Tyquez. "Maybe 50/50"

Jordan gave him a little "just shut up" look.

"Yea I'll shut up", said Tyquez.

Jordan rolled her eyes as she tied her hair up.

"I don't like how things are becoming between us. I mean like I'm glad things are coming to the surface because it's stuff we need to work on but... I don't like it when you're mad at me", said Tyquez.

"I'm not mad at you...just a little disappointed", said Jordan.

Tyquez nods as he looks to the side.

"But I still love you...I'm not going anywhere", said Jordan.

"I love you too", said Tyquez. Tyquez walked closer to her and hugged her. He kissed her forehead. "You're my everything. I don't wanna make you feel like you're less than what you are and I'm sorry. You can do anything you put your mind to and even if I'm trippin, just do it anyway"

Jordan is holding him.

"I gotta stop being so insecure", Tyquez said.

Jordan pulled away and looked at him.

"Wow. I'm surprised your admitting that. Thought that would bruise your ego", said Jordan.

"... I can't help but feel insecure when I have someone like you", said Tyquez. "I feel like I don't deserve you"