Chapter 36

After the trip, everybody went back home to their normal lives. Everybody except for Jordan and Tyquez.

Jordan is on the computer at work looking up apartments.

"Ms. Robinson", said one of the workers. "I was wondering if you could give this to Mr. Johnson. It's a proposal and well he can read it when he sees it."

"Yea. I'll give this to him", said Jordan.

"Thank you", he said before walking away.

Jordan skims through the proposal then she minimizes her browser.

She gets up and walks into Tyquez office.

"Jake wanted me to give you this proposal. I don't think you'll like it but he wants you to read it so...", said Jordan.

"Okay", said Tyquez.

Jordan puts the portfolio down on his desk and begins walking to the door.

"Buying a house is more beneficial to you than paying rent", said Tyquez.

"You have good eyes", said Jordan. "Oh and...stop staring at me"

"You're distracting", said Tyquez

"Well focus on your work", said Jordan.

"I get your mad, but we're at work", said Tyquez.

"Fire me then", said Jordan nonchalantly before walking out of the door.

Tyquez raised his eyebrows and stood up. He walked outside of his office and to Jordan's desk.

"You're fired" , said Tyquez.

"I'm fired? Okay", said Jordan. "Want me to leave now or after my shift?"

Tyquez rolled his eyes.

"I'm joking", he said. "Stay...but just cool down on the attitude."

"I have the money to pay off those guys", said Jordan. "I'm wiring it to them tomorrow"

"How did you even get in contact with them?", asked Tyquez.

"They got in contact with me", said Jordan. "Look, it doesn't matter. They'll be off your back. That's the least I can do."

"The least you can do?", asked Tyquez. "You haven't done anything to do favors for me."

"I have. I have had to have done something for you not to trust me", said Jordan. "I mean like other than what I did to Hakeem."

"I'd prefer you not say his name", said Tyquez.

"Tyquez, we're are work. Leave me alone unless it's work related. I don't want our relationship to be negative"

"You're the one with the attitude", said Tyquez.

"Because I've wasted my time with you", said Jordan. "And for what? For me to end up going through another heartbreak. I'm just glad you gave me two beautiful kids."

"Wasted? I don't think it was a waste", said Tyquez.

"...it was because I could've been with somebody who actually loved me and not just the thought out me", said Jordan.

"Really? I don't love you?", asked Tyquez as he got a little loud.

Everybody who could hear began to look at them.

"If you love somebody, you trust them! Can't love a person you never trusted!", said Jordan.

Jordan looked around at everybody watching them.

"Do you guys agree?", Jordan asked everyone. "I mean let's be real, the moment you stop trusting somebody is the moment you begin stepping back from someone. Am I right?"