Chapter 12

MONDAY
7:30AM

"Man, nigga you can't go to work like that", said Will.

"I'll be fine", said Tyquez. "You got some sunglasses so I can drive in that light."

Tyquez was drinking last night so he has a hangover. After upsetting Jordan, he went to Will's house to give her time to herself.

"You have a hangover. How you gonna get any work done?", asked Will.

"I can still think nigga", said Tyquez. "Glasses?"

"Hold on", said Will before he went to his room.

Will came back into the living room with sunglasses. He handed them to Tyquez.

"You drinking and Jordan smoking. I guess y'all got y'all way of dealing with shit", said Will.

"Woah Woah...how you know she was smoking?", asked Tyquez. "She got that shit from you??"

"Shit", Will said under his breath.

"Don't do that no more. Next time she ask, say no alright?", asked Tyquez.

"What's wrong with her smoking? It's just weed", said Will.

"We'll talk about that later. I'm running late", said Tyquez before he put the glasses on and left.

8:01AM

Tyquez walks onto the floor of the building and sees Jordan at her desk. It was like was deja vu. It felt normal, yet weird.

"Mr. Johnson, you're late", said Jordan.

"By just a minute Jordan", said Tyquez.

"It's Mrs. Robinson to you while we are at work. Just like old times", said Jordan. "And why do you have sunglasses on?"

Tyquez takes the glasses off.

"I forgot they were on", said Tyquez.

Jordan observed him.

"Any emails so far?", he asked.

"No", she asked. "I have some ice coffee on your desk but I'm sure the caffeine wouldn't go well with that hangover you have. It'll just make it longer. I had to do a lot of research on alcoholics so I would know"

"I'm not an alcoholic", said Tyquez.

"I didn't say you were, but you are hung over right?", she asked.

"...yea", said Tyquez.

"Drink water and stay hydrated. You should be sleeping but...just drink water", said Jordan.

"Okay", said Tyquez.

"And don't make this a habit. I have to use the restroom. Excuse me", she said before walking away.

Tyquez watched her. Once she walked into the restroom, he walked into his office. He put his stuff on his desk and sat down. He turned his computer on and as he waited for it to start, he sat back and began thinking to himself.

Once Jordan came out of the restroom, she sat at her desk.

Tyquez watched her. He was worried that he was going to lose her. That's why he drank so much last night.

Suddenly, Adam walked up to her.

They started to have a conversation. He could see Jordan glance at him for a brief second. She stood up and walked into Tyquez's office.

"Mr. Johnson, Mr. Mathew would like to talk to you. He says that it's about something he's been wanting to talk to about lately. You said today was the day", said Jordan.

"Tell him to come in", said Tyquez.

Jordan walked to Adam.

Tyquez saw her laughing at something Adam said. He felt some jealous come over him.

Adam walked into the office.

"Mr. Johnson, I'm not going to hold you long. Jordan said you didn't feel well", said Adam. "But I've been thinking—"

"Mrs. Robinson", said Tyquez.

"Huh?", asked Adam.

"I think it's best that you address her, how you address anybody else in here", said Tyquez "so keep it professional...go on"

"I didn't mean any disrespect by it", said Adam.

"I know. It's okay", said Tyquez. "Now go on. What have you been wanting to talk about?"

As Adam tells Tyquez about his idea. Jordan notices that Tyquez's old assistant is walking toward her.

"Hey girl", she said.

"Hey Nat", said Jordan.

"Damn, I didn't know you remembered my name", said Natalie. "I mean like you didn't say anything to me the other day you were here."

"Didn't want to. Didn't have to. Your box of things are in the front. I did the honor of packing it up", said Jordan.

Suddenly, Tyquez came out of his office.

"Is there a problem?", asked Tyquez.

"I came for my things. Go back into your office. Ain't nobody call for you", said Natalie.

"Okay, well get your things and leave Mrs. Williams. You're kind of causing a scene and I don't want to have to have security escort you out", said Tyquez.

"Fuck a scene", said Natalie. "Your fiancé here, packed my things and I'll be out of your hair."

"Ghetto ass", Tyquez mumbled under his breath as he started to walk back into office.

"Oh hell no. You know what", said Natalie as she walked to the center of the floor. "Can I have everybody's attention!?"

People began to look at her.

Jordan looked at Tyquez. She didn't like where this was heading.

"Tyquez, excuse me, I'm sorry. Mr. Johnson here decided to fire me due to an affair that he didn't want Jordan, his fiancé, to know about.", said Natalie.

Jordan looked down.

Tyquez grabbed the phone from Jordan's desk and began to call security.

"Guess he has a things for assistants", said Natalie before walking away to leave.

Tyquez hangs the phone up.

"Everybody get back to work. Y'all know she's extra. She's just mad because she got fired. She's lying", said Tyquez.

Everybody went back to doing what they were doing.

Tyquez looked at Jordan.

"I'm s—"

"I don't care. She did it. Not you.", said Jordan.

"Yea but she wouldn't have said that if I didnt—"

"It's okay. I'll look stupid for know for staying with you and working with you but the gossip will blow over eventually", said Jordan. "But it's what I get for doing it to someone else....hopefully I can be a better woman for you so you won't do it again"

"Don't say that. You're perfect for me", said Tyquez.

"You know what...I don't even wanna talk to you about this right now. We're working. Let's keep this about business and leave the drama at home okay? I believe you have an employee to talk to", said Jordan. "You should get to that"

Tyquez shook his head then walked into office.

TO BE CONTINUED...