Chapter 41

Mahogany opens her front door and Tyquez walks in.

"Where's Jordan?", asked Tyquez.

"I don't know. I haven't spoken to her in a few days", said Mahogany. "Why?"

"Don't lie for her. Y'all talk everyday", said Tyquez.

"Look, you came here. If you want answers, I suggest you tone it down. At the end of the day, if I'm lying or not, which I am not...that is my sister. I'm on her side no matter what", said Mahogany.

"So you agree with her breaking up with me?", asked Tyquez.

"I didn't say that. What I said was I support her decisions. But she has a point. It's no real strong relationship without trust. Trust, communication, and love are key things that build a strong foundation. No trust means there's a crack and that means the empire that y'all are trying to build will fall.", said Mahogany. "But since you don't even know where she is, do you think she's okay?"

"Yea, but—"

"Okay, if she's safe, don't worry about it. She just doesn't want you know where she is", said Mahogany.

"But she has the kids. If I can't see her for god knows how long, then I can't see my kids", said Tyquez.

"...what did you do?", asked Mahogany.

"Why do I have to be the one to do something?", asked Tyquez.

"Because me and you both know that Jordan isn't going to do that for no reason", she said Mahogany.

"You're right", said Tyquez. "...she said I said something that may have scared her a little."

"What?", asked Mahogany.

"I told her I wasn't going to let her leave me. But I didn't like mean I was going to pull her back in the house or something if she left. I just meant like...I was going to fight for her", said Tyquez.

"Tyquez, you gotta know when to let go", said Mahogany. "You had over five years to have confidence in her. You don't, so let her go. She's trying to get you to see that you deserve better."

"I just want my family back", he said as a tear came down his eyes. "It's nothing better out there for me. I have the best, I'm just a dumbass."

Mahogany could tell that Tyquez was actually hurt.

"I'll relay the message if i speak to her ", said mahogany.

"She won't care, that's the thing. No matter how much I show how strongly in love I am with her, the more I beg, the more she backs away from me.", said Tyquez. "Maybe she doesn't love me anymore."

"Now you know that's a lie. She loves you with everything she has.", said Mahogany.

"Then what am I supposed to do?", asked Tyquez.

"...let her be", said Mahogany. "The more you push her to stay, the more you push her away.

"So it's wrong for me to fight for my woman?", asked Tyquez. "It's wrong for me to show how much I love her?"

"No but you're not listening", said Mahogany. "Meaning you don't care about her opinion."

"Where's my baby?", asked Tyquez. "Where's my kids."

"I don't—"

"Mahogany, I get it. You're on her side at the end of the day. But...you mean to tell me I'm completely wrong? You mean to tell me that I should have my kids kept from me? You really think that Jordan and I should be done?", asked Tyquez.

Mahogany looked at him for a moment.

"She has been happy. She finally got the life she wanted and deserved. I fucked up once by kissing my assistant and that was a terrible accident...but it was the only accident. She forgave me and we moved passed it. Other than that, our relationship is healthy. Im willing to put my full undivided trust into Jordan because she's trustworthy. I didn't know how serious this was for her. If I did, I would've worked to meet her expectations like I always do but I do everything I can, even work like a dog, to make her happy.", said Tyquez.

"Why aren't you are work today?", asked Mahogany.

"I'm not going to work unless I know where they are.", said Tyquez.

Mahogany sighs.

"I'm going to check on something in kitchen", said Mahogany.

"If you're not going to help me, I might as well just leave", said Tyquez.

"Sit. I need to do something", said Mahogany.

Mahogany walks to the kitchen and calls Jordan.

"Hello?", said Jordan.

Mahogany puts Jordan on speaker.

"Hey, what you doing?", asked Mahogany.

"Nothing. Chillin", said Jordan.

Tyquez walks into the kitchen.

Mahogany looks at Tyquez and motions him to hush.

"Oh. Well are you home, I was thinking about coming over", asked Mahogany.

"No. I'm um...—"

"Oh I'm sorry, I didn't know you were on the phone", said a deep voice.

Tyquez makes a face.

"Who is that?", asked Mahogany.

"Nobody. Look, I'll just come to you", said Jordan. "I'm not home."

"Nah, d—"

Tyquez snatches the phone from mahogany and puts it on mute.

"No. Ask her who that was", said Tyquez.

Mahogany snatches her phone back.

"Hello?", said Jordan.

"Can you hear me now?", asked Mahogany.

"Yea", said Jordan.

"I said don't worry about. My house is a mess. Just come tomorrow", said Mahogany.

"Okay", said Jordan.

"Bye", said mahogany.

"Bye", Jordan replied.

Mahogany hangs up.

"What the fuck is your problem?", asked Tyquez.

"I don't know what the fuck you or she has going on but I'm not getting in between this. I know your rap sheet. Your brother told me", said Mahogany.

"What you think I'm going to do? I got an anger issues that has been resolved. I'd never and mean never put hands on her. But what I will do it cuss her ass out if she's talking to somebody else", said Tyquez. "And I just might beat his ass."

Mahogany shakes her head.

"Get out", she said.

"Gladly", said Tyquez.

Tyquez leaves.

TO BE CONTINUED...