Chapter 43

When Jordan got to the house, Marcus ran to Tyquez and hugged him.

"Hey daddy", said Marcus.

"Hey Marcus", said Tyquez.

Marcus went into the house.

Jordan walks up to Tyquez holding Alexis.

"That was the car mechanic", said Jordan. "Thats the man's voice you heard in the background."

Tyquez looks down.

"I'm not thinking about anybody else...I don't want anybody else... I just...I wish things were different between us but let's be real...they can't be. You can try all you want. You've proved you can't", said Jordan.

"...I'll never move on...you're so special to me that I want you to be my last", said Tyquez.

Jordan chuckled to herself.

"I'm serious", said Tyquez.

Jordan smiles a little. "Yea...but we both know that won't happen", said Jordan.

Tyquez looks to the side for a moment then back at Jordan.

"...I just want you to be happy...since the day I met you, I've wanted you to be truly happy. I—... I couldn't do that and I'm sorry but—"

"I think I need to make myself happy first...I didn't do that", said Jordan. "But I can say this...you've unlocked a lot of things about myself that I didn't know about myself...and I have been happy with you as my soulmate but...I haven't been complete because I never worked on myself...I expected you to pick up those pieces and that was never going to work. I have to do that myself", said Jordan.

"You know you don't have to do that alone right?", said Tyquez.

"Yea but I think it's best", said Jordan. "Maybe then...we can try us out again"

"I'd love that", said Tyquez.

"It's a maybe Ty...soo...don't wait for me", said Jordan.

Tyquez nods at he looks down.

"I'm taking Alexis with me to my parent's house so...I'll see you when I get Marcus. Call me if you need me", said Jordan.

"Will do", said Tyquez.

Jordan gets into her car and leaves.

Tyquez walks into the house, trying to come to terms with everything.

5 MONTHS LATER...

Jordan and Tyquez are still broken up and they are on good terms and coparenting. Tyquez didn't end up selling his company because it was no point anymore. He kept to continue to keep himself busy, especially after the breakup.

Jordan and Mahogany are leaving McAlister's. They're standing at their cars.

"So how are things going?", asked Mahogany.

"Good...I started up my new restaurant. Got a business loan to do it this time. That's going well. Tomorrow I'm supposed to interview a new chef because I only have one right now but other than that...nothing huge. How about you?", asked Jordan.

"Same ole same ole", said Mahogany.

Jordan nods.

"I'm surprised you and Tyquez aren't back together", said Mahogany.

"Yea me too but...I'm enjoying the relationship we have now. no arguments, no tension, no regrets, no nothing. Just friends and coparents", said Jordan.

Mahogany nods. "I'm happy", said Mahogany. "You guys have came to terms with everything and can be civil."

"Yep", said Jordan.

Jordan's phone vibrates and she picks it up.

MESSAGE
Tyquez: what time are you coming with my lunch again?

"I promised I'd get Quez some lunch because he isn't able to leave the office today and he was running late this morning", said Jordan as she stood up. "He's looking for that lunch now so I gotta go."

"You gonna order the food?", asked Mahogany.

"It's in the car. I cooked it", said Jordan.

"Okay. Well I'll see you later then", said Mahogany.

"See you later", said Jordan.

Jordan walked to her and got in.

"Liar", mahogany said to herself as she chuckled.

Tyquez wasn't actually at work today and Jordan didn't actually have any lunch to bring him. Well, technically it was lunch because it wasn't food.

Jordan arrived at Tyquez's house and knocked on the door. Tyquez opened the door with his shift off.

Jordan looked at his physique and bit her lip.

Even though they weren't together anymore, they still couldn't thought about each in that one specific way, sexually. The more wild the thoughts, the harder to resist.

"I see you brought my lunch", said Tyquez.

Jordan smiles.

"Come in so I can eat", said Tyquez.

Jordan walks up and they start kissing before Tyquez shuts the door.

TO BE CONTINUED IN BOOK 3...