Chapter 10

SUNDAY
11:30AM

Jordan is putting clothes in the washing machine when she feels Tyquez come up behind her and put his arms around her.

"Good morning", said Jordan.

"Good morning", said Tyquez.

Jordan gently moves his hand so she could walk to the detergent. She didn't seem like she was in a good mood.

"Upset about last night?", he asked.

She looks at him.

"...Tomorrow is Monday and you still have yet to fire your assistant. She's not helping you, she's hurting you", said Jordan.

"Oh my fucking gosh", he said under his breath.

"Excuse me?", said Jordan.

"Because you're so hell bent on being my secretary, you're hired. I'll call her today and fire her. Alright?", he said with attitude.

"You sound so offensive", said Jordan. "You fucking her or something?"

Wow", said Tyquez. "You really wanna question me about some dumb ass shit like that?"

Jordan folds her arms.

"That is some bullshit. You're the last person to accuse somebody of cheating", said Tyquez.

"I fucked up in my past relationship yes. But that doesn't matter. I'm just asking you a question", said Jordan.

"How do I have time to cheat when when I come home to you, my fiancé, and my kids?? To answer your question directly, hell nah I ain't cheating on you. I don't wanna lose you", said Tyquez.

Jordan looked to the side.

"But thank you for having trust me.", he said sarcastically.

"I'm sorry", said Jordan. "...I know I shouldn't listen to him but Daryl told me that his cousin worked for you and he said that you guys were doing stuff. When I came to your office, I saw her. You didn't tell me shit about you hiring her. It had me paranoid"

"Thats fucked up for real. Let that bitch get in head like that. What the fuck?", asked Tyquez.

"I said I shouldn't have listened to him alright? I'm sorry", said Jordan.

Tyquez sighs.

"I'm sorry", she said.

"I don't care about it but what I do care about is this question I'm about to ask you. Do you trust me? Because I don't think that I give you a reason not to trust me or am I wrong?", he asked.

"You're right and I do trust you", said Jordan.

"For you to ask me that, I don't think you do", said Tyquez.

"I know this cheating subject is a sensitive topic. It always had been. But it's better for me to ask than for me to wander what if", said Jordan.

"My mom wants me to come over to fix something in the house. I'm going to bring Marcus with me so can you get him dressed. If you're busy, I'll do it after I'm done getting ready", said Tyquez.

"Ill do it", said Jordan.

"Alright", said Tyquez before he started to walk out of the laundry room.

Jordan grabbed his hand and pulled him to her.

"What?", he asked.

"I'm sorry", said Jordan. "I'm stupid. I shouldn't have asked you a dumb question like that. I'll do anything to make it up to you"

Jordan touched his belt.

Tyquez moved her hand.

"I ain't in the mood", said Tyquez.

Jordan looked down.

"But...I'm not upset with you anymore", said Tyquez.

Jordan looked at him.

"I'll let it slide because it has been a hectic week", said Tyquez.

Jordan poured the detergent into the washing machine and started the cycle.

Jordan walked out of the laundry room.

Tyquez let out a deep breath as he leaned against the wall.

3:00PM

"I really fucked up", said Jordan before she tilted her head back to drink all of the wine she had in her cup.

"First of all slow down, second why do you always do that?", asked Mahogany as she took the cup from Jordan.

"What?", asked Jordan.

"Be so hard on yourself when a dude mad at you. You did that with Hakeem and now you doing it with Quez", said Mahogany.

"I questioned his loyalty after he asked me to marry him. I feel bad because I accused him of something I really had no reason to and then it started from what another guy told me.", said Jordan.

"Okay I get it now but still. It's not the end of the world. You're always doing anything to please him and you did the same with Hakeem. Don't get me wrong that's okay. But you do it to the point where you bend your backwards not to do anything that's going to make them mad and baby that's not realistic. And then I know it's things that they did or do that you don't care for but you love them regardless...it should be the same on their end.", said Mahogany.

"Well I guess that's something that I need to work on", said Jordan.

"He still loves you. He isn't going anywhere", said Mahogany. "But anyways, you got some more weed from Will"

"Yea. By the way, don't tell Tyquez that I got that stuff from Will. Will doesn't want him to know", said Jordan.

"Alright", said Mahogany.

"I'm going to get it", said Jordan as she stood up and walked upstairs.

(WITH TYQUEZ)

"Marcus?", Tyquez said as he looked at Marcus in the backseat. "I'm going to step outside of the car real quick. I'm not going to leave you so don't start with that crying stuff. I'm going to be right next to the car. Alright?", asked Tyquez.

"Okay", said Marcus.

Tyquez got out of the car and his assistant was already standing next to the car waiting for him.

"So...you called what's up? Changed your mind?", she asked.

"Nah, I didn't. That kiss, shouldn't have happened and I should've fired you then when you tried that shit", said Tyquez.

She chuckled a little. "I'm sorry, but didn't you kiss me back...felt my ass. Excuse gripped it...I mean you were into it", she said. "So don't act like I was the only unprofessional one"

Tyquez shook his head.

"What? Found out that I was Hakeem's cousin huh? I remember Jordan", she said.

"Look, I called you here so I could fire you in person and so I could tell you to keep your damn mouth shut. Don't be telling people my business for that shit to get back to my fiancé"

"Who I picked up the ring for", she said. "Why would I want to fuck your relationship up if I picked the ring up for you. I don't care about your relationship. But like I said before, you're not going to fire me. I need this job. If you decide to fire me, then I'll have to let her know what happened"

"And she won't believe you any fucking way. Now...like I said. You're fired. I got a new assistant", said Tyquez.

"Alright. Cool. Bye", she said before getting into her car. She rolled down the window.

"Hope that hoe cheat on you too", she said before driving off

Tyqyez rolled his eyes then got into the car.

"Is that your friend?", asked Marcus.

"No", said Tyquez.

TO BE CONTINUED...