Chapter 40

Later that night, Jordan and Tyquez is getting the kids ready for bed.

"Boy, if you don't get your ass in the bed before I whoop your behind?", Tyquez yelled at Marcus.

Jordan heard him while she was in Alexis's room.

Jordan sighs and shakes her head.

"Go to sleep, pumpkin. Goodnight", said Jordan before she kissed Alexis's forehead and tucked her in.

Jordan turned the night light on and turned off the ceiling light. She walked out of the room and into Marcus's room.

"Marcus, why do you always give daddy a hard time?", asked Jordan.

"I didn't do anything", said Marcus.

"Oh so now we lying??", asked Tyquez.

"Listen Marcus, tomorrow is Friday and you have school in the morning. The last day of the week. Get some sleep. I'm not in the mood for this", said Jordan firmly.

"I'm not tired. I wanna watch a movie", said Marcus.

"No. I told you to sleep and that's what you need to do.", said Jordan.

Marcus starts crying.

"I don't wanna hear all that crying Marcus. You have to learn to listen. Daddy was you watch a movie yesterday but tonight, you go to sleep. Period", said Jordan.

Marcus whines as he gets in the bed and under the covers.

Jordan looks at Tyquez. "Turn the night light on and turn the light off", said Jordan before walking out.

Tyquez did what she said.

"Goodnight bud", said Tyquez.

"Goodnight daddy", said Marcus.

Tyquez walks out of Marcus's room and walks into the guest bedroom where he finds Jordan.

"You gotta show me your secret with him", said Tyquez.

"It's just a mother's touch", said Jordan.

Tyquez smiles.

"But what's up?", asked Jordan. "Need something?"

"No. I just wanted to say that", said Tyquez. "That's it"

"Oh. Well I'm about to get ready for bed so...". Said Jordan.

"Oh yea. Go right ahead. I'm about to do the same...goodnight", said Tyquez.

"Oh before you go, I wanna say that I'm moving out Friday", said Jordan.

"Friday? Since when?", asked Tyquez.

"Since I remembered that we can't control ourselves", said Jordan.

"That was our last time remember?", asked Tyquez.

"It's not if I stay here", said Jordan. "...You know how we are."

"Maybe that just goes to show that we don't need to breakup. We can't get enough of each other", said Tyquez with smile.

"Just stop", said Jordan. "That's exactly why we need to break up. Our sexual intimacy is stronger than our—"

"It isn't. Our relationship had good communication, good conflict resolution, good support when one of us is in need...we were strong and happy. My trust toward you isn't anything to really do with you. I just have trust issues. And if I didn't really trust you, I wouldn't have given you two beautiful children and I damn sure wouldn't have wanted to marry you even after you turned me down. Like I said I'm cautious with you, just like I am with anybody else but that's to help and maintain my mental. Jordan I trust you with my children, my career, my life...those of some important things to me....so for you to—"

"People trust strangers with those three things everyday...babysitters, assistants, doctors...nothing you just said changed my mind and I'm not going to explain myself again. So you should stop explaining yourself too", said Jordan.

"You know what. Fuck this. I'm not letting you leave me.", said Tyquez. "I'm not. I can't let you go. I want wanna see you alone or with some other man or out of my life. I want you in every part of my life. And I swear to God things will change from here on out"

Jordan looks down and sighs.

"Let's get married", said Tyquez. "Once we get married we can start a new chapter. We can go to the court house. Just me, you, and the kids. Just please...I don't think I can function without you."

"Once you get used to me being gone...you will be able to", said Jordan.

"I can't believe this shit", said Tyquez. "I'm lost for words."

"Find them so we can finish this conversation", said Jordan.

Tyquez shakes his head.

"I'm not letting you leave me.", said Tyquez.

"So you're going to force me to do something I don't wanna?", asked Jordan

"That's the thing. You do want to", said Tyquez.

"Get out the room", said Jordan. "Or can I not tell you that because you pay the bills in this bitch?"

Tyquez looked at her for a moment then walked out. He closed the door behind him.

Jordan sighs and gets up from the bed.

The following morning, Tyquez woke up for work. The first thing he did was turn his alarm off so that lead him to see a message from Jordan.

MESSAGE
JORDAN: Quez, I can't do this. I don't wanna get stuck in a situation that I can't get out of and from the way you were talking and the way that you keep talking occasionally...it's best I leave now and give you your space. I'll decide when I want you to know where I'm at. Just know that the kids and I will be safe, and that's all you need to know.

Tyquez sat up as he read the message. After reading it, he stood up and walked to the kids' rooms. He walked to the closet and their clothes were gone.

"Oh hell no", said Tyquez. "No"

Tyquez began to call Jordan but it went straight to voicemail.

"Fuck", he said as he through his phone against the wall.

TO BE CONTINUED...