Chapter 42

Later that night, Tyquez is laying in the bed looking at the ceiling when suddenly Jordan lays her head on his chest.

"I love you", she said. "I don't even want this to end."

"The only way we let it end is if we let it", said Tyquez.

Jordan kissed his cheek.

Tyquez snaps out of his thoughts. He was a flashback from a couple of years ago.

Tyquez looks next to him and of course the bed is empty next to him.

Tyquez sits up. He starts to think about the man's voice in the background on the phone call.

Suddenly, he get a phone call from Jordan and immediately answers.

"Where are you?", asked Tyquez.

"That doesn't pertain to you", said Jordan.

"You have our kids, Jordan. I mean I know I'm wrong...I know what I did but ...it's not that bad for you keep my kids away from me.", said Tyquez.

"I was actually calling you to talk to Marcus", said Jordan.

"I don't wanna talk to him on the phone. I wanna talk to him in person.", said Tyquez.

"So you can hold me hostage?", asked jordan.

"I didn't mean it", said Tyquez.

"Quez, I don't know what to think anymore.", said Jordan.

"Think about us...the time we spent together and the moments we cherish...think about us", said Tyquez. "Think about the new life we can have."

"New life?", asked Jordan.

"...Im selling the company.", said Tyquez.

"What?", asked Jordan.

"I wanna spend more time with my family. I wanna spend more time with you", said Tyquez.

Jordan was silent.

"You guys are important to me...just please. Please come back", said Tyquez.

"I love you, Ty", said Jordan .

"So just come home and let's work this out", said Tyquez.

"I think in order to work this out...I need to be alone...you basically just made my guilt feel real. All this time I've been telling myself that what I did was excusable and it wasn't. Like you said..I could have sex with you and go to Hakeem like nothing happened. I shouldn't expect you to trust me so...you're not wrong. I am...so because of that I can't keep doing this to you. I've been living in my sin for too long...all because I couldn't resist my temptations."

"No because you wanted better for yourself", said Tyquez.

"What was better for me was to be alone. Was find myself.", said Jordan. "Instead I wanted to everything my parents wanted me to be and is miserable in the process."

"You were miserable with me?", asked Tyquez.

"No. I love you. I love you with my heart, might, soul...but I hate myself for what I did to get with you and I've been living with that", said Jordan.

"...J...I just think that we need to go to therapy more frequently.", said Tyquez. "I think that you have a right to feel how you feel but I think we can work through it. Both of our issues."

"I can't...yes you're all going ever wanted but...I just knowing what I did to get you and you knowing it too and both of us not liking it...it just goes to show that maybe...maybe we weren't meant to be together. We were meant to have fun but we weren't meant to be in a relationship.", said Jordan.

"...it's all coming together now. You not really wanting anymore kids after Marcus—"

"I never said that", said Jordan.

"Bullshit, I was the only one happy about you being pregnant with Alexis", said Tyquez. "And then you not wanting to get married. You didn't wanna marry me because didn't want to me. Not because of some fake ass fear. It's because you still wanted things to be like old times. Fucking all over the place, deep conversations, no real commitment."

"That's not true", said Jordan.

"Jordan...I think you're right. I'm sitting here in distress but really you're helping me out", said Tyquez. "Just wish that maybe you did this sooner."

"Wow...you know what...I wish I did too. Sorry for wasting your time", said Jordan. "If you believe that...I'm sorry for wasting your time. Thank you for my beautiful kids that I've always wanted from the moment I knew I was pregnant with them. Scared each time? Hell yes. But I was never disappointed."

"I wanna see my kids", said Tyquez.

"Yea. I'll be over there to drop them off.", said Jordan. "In the car that I brought so don't try to take that. Also I didn't take any of the things you brought me so you don't have to worry about that either."

"I told you, I ain't mean that", said Tyquez.

"I'll be there in a few", said Jordan.

"Drop them off and where you going?", asked Tyquez.

"Don't worry about it", said Jordan.

"You been with another man?", said Tyquez. "I heard a man in the background when you were talking to Mahogany."

Jordan was silent over the phone.

"Hello?!", asked Tyquez as he raised his voice.

"Be there in 30 minutes", said Jordan changing the subject.

"J-"

The call ended.

Tyquez looks at his phone and shakes his head. He starts thinking about how she didn't answer his question. So he believed that she was with another man. He didn't know whether to be sad, anger, or feel stupid to think that he would never be in Hakeem's shoes. Either way, he was anger. Hurt. Not only was she around another man but his kids were too.

TO BE CONTINUED...