Chapter 13

Chapter Thirteen

Briar awoke, her eyelids peeling open to find the bed empty. She reached her hand out as she laid on her side, running her hand over the pillow Trilla's head had occupied. Rising onto her elbows, she moved forward, burying her face into the Inquisitor's pillow. She breathed in the sweet scent of vormur flowers. Although the flowers were native to an Outer Rim planet, Trilla had somehow managed to always smell of the scent underneath her uniform.

"Trilla?" Briar called out. She sat up, realizing she hadn't heard any movement in the living quarters. Throwing the covers off of her body, she poked her head out of the bedroom, the kitchen and living area silent.

Tapping her comm, she spoke once she heard the crackle.

"Trilla?" Briar stood in the kitchen as the Inquisitor's voice filled her right ear.

*Ah, you're finally awake. Get dressed, dear. You're needed in the war room.* The second crackle sounded, Trilla ending their connection.

The war room? Was she already late for her new duties?

Briar threw on her uniform, skipping eating or drinking absolutely anything. Her boots were tied, tucking her pant leg over the top of the boot. She was ready. As she stepped out of the living quarters, two Purge Troopers greeted her. Her hands froze, still holding the cape.

"Hello?"

"We were asked by the Second Sister to escort you." One spoke, his voice distorted and mechanicalized. Briar shook her head, affixing the cape to her shoulders.

"Of course." She followed the black clad troopers into the lift, their guns pointed at the floor. Briar was wedged between them, staring at their shined boots. She then discretely looked at the sidearm weapon of the trooper to her left, her eyes running over the SE-14r.

"I prefer the A-180 as a sidearm, it gets better firepower." She spoke, both troopers glancing at her as the doors slid open. The troopers led her through doorways and down hallways, stopping in front of an unmarked door.

"Yes, well Chief of War, that sidearm won't matter to the people in there." One of the troopers pointed at the blaster on her thigh as he spoke. She wanted to chuckle and brush off the remark, but she knew the force-users in that room had the capability to kill her without even turning around. They were terrifying. Even Trilla.

The door opened, Briar stepping into the small break room with confusion. Trilla was leaned against the counter next to a caf machine, noticing her presence. The room was completely white, no tables occupying the space. It only held various ways to make drinks, no food. There were two doors in the room, the one Briar had stepped through, and one located at the back of the room.

"Why?"

"I had them take you here first because I knew you'd rush and not drink anything." The Inquisitor removed her helmet, her hair falling into her face as Briar also removed hers.

"Careful, it sounds like you care about me." Briar teased, the Inquisitor straightening up from the counter. Trilla waved her hand nonchalantly, Briar's ears picking up as both doors in the room locked.

Her heart rate accelerated as if she were terrified, her heart hammering in her chest as Trilla continued walking forward. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck.

Trilla dropped her helmet onto the floor, pushing her hand forward. Briar's helmet slipped out of her hand, landing on the floor with a thud.

Briar's mouth was so dry as Trilla closed the space between them. She was grabbed by her hips, her pelvis pulled into Trilla's. The Inquisitor grabbed her by the back of her neck, the leather cold against her skin. Briar was pulled forward, stopping inches from Trilla's lips.