Chapter 17

Chapter Seventeen

"Briar, your hair is not going to aid us in defeating the Rebellion." Briar chuckled, running the comb through her hair after she had worked a healthy amount of pomade into it. She could see Trilla in the reflection of the mirror, those blue green eyes glaring at her as she raked the comb at an impossibly slow speed through her brown locks.

"Yes, but you'd be surprised just how far I get with the power of persuasion." She winked at Trilla's reflection to piss the woman off more, earning an eye roll. Trilla rose from sitting on the bed, her cloak billowing as she strode across the room to the bathroom.

"The only persuasion my 'WIFE' is going to be doing is leading people to believe she's good at gambling." Briar spun around, pointing the comb at Trilla in an accusatory manner.

"Hey now, 'Second Sister', it's not like you're doing it. I don't want to hear it." Trilla scoffed, mild shock registering on her face.

"Did... did you just put air quotes around my title like it doesn't actually exist? Like I haven't dedicated my entire adult life to killing the Jedi?" Her face was grabbed with one hand, the other ripping the comb out of Briar's clenched hand. The wooden object was thrown onto the white tiled floor, Briar yet again pinned against something by the Inquisitor.

"You do realize that behind the Grand Inquisitor, I am the second most deadly individual apart of the Inquisitorius?" Trilla was speaking through clenched teeth, squeezing Briar's cheeks harder with each word. "And what are you without a blaster, huh?" Briar could tell Trilla hadn't expected the chief of war to laugh at her offensive question.

"Expendable." Briar answered.

Disdain filled the Second Sister's face, backing away from Briar until she was out of the room, turning on her heels and leaving. She loved winding up that woman. She was very expressive.

Briar finally finished getting ready, exiting the bedroom while throwing a black cloak around her shoulders. She hooked the chain over her chest, securing the cloak to her body. The chief of war reached for her thigh holster, realizing it was no longer on the couch where she had left it. Her eyes darted up, searching the room. An object to her right caught he eye, Trilla extending the black holster towards her.

"May I?" Trilla crouched down, looking up at Briar for her consent. Briar lost her voice while she looked into those blue green pools, the intenseness of them filling her chest with coal. She nodded her head, Trilla setting off to work.

Briar's cloak was pushed back, the top of the holster fastened around her belt. The two straps were tightened around her thigh securely. "Are they tight enough?" Trilla asked, not taking her fingers from the straps incase she needed to fix them. Briar lowered her hand, cupping Trilla's cheek as the woman looked up at her. She ran her thumb over her cheek bone as the Inquisitor waited for her answer.

"No, they need to be a little tighter. I want no movement from the blaster as I'm walking. That would only add to my draw time." Trilla's eyes lit up, her pupils dashing down as she pulled the straps tighter around Briar's thigh. Once they were tight enough for the chief of war, her eyes searched the room for her blaster.

"Do you know-"

Trilla extended her hand out, fingers outstretched. Briar's A-180, still sitting patiently on the couch, flew from the cushion and across the room into Trilla's waiting hand. Briar stood still, astonished as her blaster was slid into the holster.

"How does it feel? Using the force, I mean." Her curiousness got the best of her, the Inquisitor straightening to eye level.

"It's difficult to master at first. It's not like actual invisible hands go out and do things, it's a thought. When I first started mastering it, I over-exhausted myself constantly from willing my brain to do as I wanted. Now, I only think about it, and it happens. It's all intentions."