PROLOGUE

"I'M not yours

"I'M not yours. I'm no one's property. So fuck off! Leave me the hell alone!" I screamed furiously at him, trying my best not to cry in front of this good-for-nothing asshole. He doesn't deserve any of my fucking tears. He even doesn't deserve the last of me. I tried to get away from him, only to fail. He was just too damn strong.

His smug just grew... smugger. "Is that right?" I gasped as he held me tighter on my waist and pulled me closer to him. Our faces were only an inch apart and I could barely breathe due to our close proximity. His pair of dark lifeless eyes were staring at me intently, penetrating into the depths of my very soul.

I wanted to avoid his piercing gaze, but I can't. My body was shaking uncontrollably, my lips quivered. I was suddenly engulfed with fear; afraid of what he might do to me. His intimidating presence was enough to make my legs tremble. What I only thought right now was how will I get out of this fucking situation. All I can do was just stare back at him. "You already left me, remember? And that's your mistake," I told him, acting undaunted.

"And that's why I'm here," he said in simpleton. "To have you again."

I clenched my jaw. After all these fucking years, he wanted me back? This scumbag! Was he insane?!? Or just plain stupid? "No! You won't! I'm already seeing someone. Don't ruin things for me!" I spat, almost sounded like a plea. I'm starting to move on with my life. A life without him in it. And now he's back, things started to get complicated again!

His eyes only grew colder. "Do you love him then?" he asked darkly.

I paused. Why was he asking me that? "O-of course, I am! I wouldn't be with him if he's not."

The side of his lips curled into a smirk. His left hand then moved, not to touch the side of my face or tuck a few strands of loose hair behind my ear, instead to caress my pale lips. "You lied. You're a liar. I know you. You stammer when you lie," he muttered. "And you always lie. Even from the beginning."

I swatted his hand away from my face and shifted my gaze elsewhere. "I don't know what you are talking about," I only told him quietly.

"Oh, really? Then let's see about that." Before I could open my mouth again, he suddenly grabbed my chin and kissed me fully on the lips.

What the hell do you want from me, Sano Manjiro?