EIGHT: Why Is This Guy Everywhere?

I apologize for the overdue. I'll try to update this story once or twice a month since I'm prioritizing my other story for now.

Author's Note: Cussing. Profanities.

"MY, MY, Y/N-CHAN! You're here!"

"Good day, Higarashi-sensei," I greeted politely as I set foot in the clinic after knocking at the door twice. I brought a paper bag containing a pastry box with a dozen of daifuku inside and gently handed it over to her. "Those are the daifuku you ordered from our cafe."

Higarashi-sensei gave me a grateful smile. "Oh, my~ Thank you, Y/N-chan." She excitedly opened the pastry box and her hazelnut eyes sparkled in glee at the colorful rice cakes. "These look scrumptious! I think it's nice to blend them with tea!" Her face lit up as she thought of an idea and looked at me. "Oh, I know! How about you stay here for the meantime and have some tea with me, Y/N-chan? I only have one patient admitted in the ICU for the moment, so I have a lot of extra time today."

"I'm sorry but I have to pass, sensei," I promptly declined her generous offer, shaking my head. As much as I wanted to eat those daifuku that my grandma made with her, I cannot possibly do it right now. "I have to go back to the cafe as soon as possible. There are awfully a lot of customers today."

Sensei's lips twisted into a frown at my reasoning. I never lied when I said my grandma's cafe was crowded with people, mostly teens around my age and young adults. "Aw~ That's sad," she only muttered with obvious dismay dripping in her voice. "How about next time, then? I would really love to chat with you, Y/N-chan."

"I'll try, sensei," I replied shortly, making her clap her hands in delight.

"That would be wonderful. I'll hold onto your word, okay?"

I merely gave her a forced smile. "Um, yeah. Of course." Then, I bowed my head to her shortly after and motioned toward the door, exiting her clinic.

"I should hurry back to the cafe," I whispered to myself as I walked briskly through the white-painted corridors of this huge hospital. I passed by some of the patients in their hospital gowns and courteously made a slight bow to them which a few of them returned with a small smile.

Along the way, I saw a vending machine on my left with a lot of refreshments on display. I thought of buying myself a cold drink to quench my parched throat first before heading back to the cafe since this will cause me another long exhausting drive. After getting a soda can, I marched my way to the exit. However, I was stopped short as I caught sight of a certain blonde faux hawk wearing a red jersey jacket and was hiding stupidly behind a pillar just outside the glass door.

One of my eyebrows twitched. "Is that Michi?" I mumbled, scrunching up my pupils on the blonde male to ascertain if it was truly him. What the hell was that dork doing? Was he playing ninja or something?

I simply shrugged my shoulders off, thinking it wasn't literally any of my damn business, and continued moving ahead while drinking my soda until I stepped out of the institution.