THIRTY-SIX: Sano Manjiro (Three)

Happy 30k reads! Thank you so much, readers!

Author's Note: Cussing. Profanities. Fluff.

"YOU'RE STILL hell-bent on recruiting that guy to our gang despite our strong objections before, aren't you?"

I gestured a decisive nod at Ken-chin's defiant question. He was visibly opposed to my decision. The two of us were inside a dining restaurant for a private meeting one Friday afternoon together with the other division captains. Baji, however, was not with us today due to his remedial classes. We were having a debate about a new member joining Toman. "I'm doing this for the sake of our gang, Ken-chin. We need someone beneficial like him on our side. This is not just about Pah-chin anymore."

"I understand your intentions, Mikey. But what does Peh-yan have to say about this? Would he agree?" Mitsuya asked calmly. "We just have him back to the gang after our dispute with Moebius. We can't lose his trust for the second time."

"I already talked to Peh and he agreed with my decision. The Third Division also needs a new captain in Pah-chin's absence," I told them in a firm tone. "Don't worry. If he tries to use some underhanded tactics, I'll deal with him myself and expel him immediately."

Ken-chin's face turned sour and clicked his tongue. "I guess there's no room for an argument. Am I right, Mikey?" he said brusquely with a bit of sarcasm in his tone.

"Yeah. My decision is final, Ken-chin."

Ken-chin turned to look at the fourth and fifth division captains, Smiley and Mucho. "What about you guys?"

Smiley was the first to respond, "I'll go with Mikey."

"Same. No objections here."

Ken-chin could only breathe a weary sigh at their approval. "Since no one disagrees this time, then so be it," he said in finality and returned his earnest gaze to me. "I trust your judgment, Mikey. I'll tell Baji about what we have discussed today."

"Alright. This is also for Toman's best interest, Ken-chin," I muttered resolutely, displaying a solemn expression. And then, I added in my inner thoughts, 'He might be of great support to bring out the growing darkness within me.' "Meeting adjourned."

It was nearing twilight when the five of us walked out of the restaurant and went on our separate ways. I mounted my motorbike in the parking lot and started the ignition. The engine sprang to life and its roaring sound echoed in my ears. I steered my bobber toward the main road and came to the cafe shop just in time to pick up my girlfriend. I waited for her patiently on the other side of the road until she was out of duty.

I saw Y/N stepping out of the establishment and carrying a huge trash bag to throw away into the dumpster in the alleyway. Why do I always see her dumping a pile of trash whenever she is going home?

Y/N didn't seem to have noticed me yet, so, I sent her a text message about my arrival. I watched her look at her flip phone before she perked her head up to see me waving at her. Her face lit up and made her way toward me. Once she was near, I instinctively slid an arm around her waist and pulled her close to conquer her sweet lips.