TWENTY-SEVEN: The Decision

I just wanted to know what are your thoughts about the story so far?

Author's Note: Cussing. Profanities. Fluff.

I WOKE up in the middle of the cold night

The entire bedroom was dimmed the moment I peeled my eyes open. The moonlight oozed through the only window in the room. I was only staring at the dark ceiling for a few seconds until I felt a shuffle on the other side of the mattress. All of a sudden, something heavy was weighing down on my body, restricting my movements. I glanced down to see someone snuggling on me like a koala. His blonde head pillowed my chest while his arms and legs belted around my lower frame. The duvet that was supposed to cover our bodies from the shivering cold was being kicked off at the foot of the bed.

It was only then did it sank to me that I was not in my own bedroom. I slept at someone else's place. I tried to push myself up and reach the duvet but this sleeping baby made it impossible for me to do so. I couldn't even make him move away from me. He was sleeping very peacefully while sticking to me like a damn glue. I did not want to disturb his slumber but I had no choice. I need to wake him up otherwise, I'll get suffocated. I shook him by the shoulder.

"Mikey, hey. Wake up..."

"Ngh..."

Mikey stirred a little. A muffled groan escaped from his lips. However, he neither opened his eyes nor moved a muscle. Instead, he just squeezed himself more into me and tightened his embrace, making it quite hard to breathe. I knew that Mikey was a deep sleeper. It will take a few good attempts before I could properly wake his ass up. Should I just push him off the bed? I'll probably use that idea as my last resort.

I tried to shake his shoulder again, more forceful this time. "Wake up, Mikey...!"

Mikey had finally woken up and tilted his head up to look at me, his eyes cloudy with sleep. He was far from being widely awake. "...what is it, Y/N...?" he mumbled groggily.

"Can you move a little? You're too heavy. I can't breathe," I told him in a low voice.

He rubbed his droopy eyelids and yawned. "Mm...?" It took him a while until he could digest my words right into his sleepy brain. "Oh, sorry..."

Mikey moved his head away from my chest and eased his hold around my body. Yet, he didn't entirely untangle himself and was still cuddling with me.

A lazy smile etched on his lips. "Your body's so soft, Y/N. You're too comfy to sleep on."

I turned to his side to face him, and grumbled, "I'm not a pillow, Mikey."

He let out a hoarse chuckle. "I know you are not." He threw a glance at the clothes I was wearing. "You look good in my pajamas, by the way."

I frowned and retorted, "These are too large for me."

"That's the only smallest size I have in my closet. But seeing you dressed in my clothes and having you lying next to me on the bed made me really happy, Y/N. If only we could have something like this everyday."