TWENTY-NINE: The Misunderstanding

Author's Note: Cussing. Profanities. Fluff.

NOVEMBER 14, 2005

NOVEMBER 14, 2005.

"What should I choose? This one? Or that one?"

I was in an accessories store somewhere around the shopping district and had a hard time selecting between two pairs of cute earrings displayed on the jewelry rack. Due to being busy recently with my Student Council duties, it only occurred to me that Emma's birthday was coming soon. I should at least buy her a present to show my token of appreciation to her. Not only because she was Mikey's younger sister but also because she had been a good friend.

Unfortunately, I haven't had the chance to ask my boyfriend what his blonde sister liked. Mikey wasn't even here to accompany me choosing a gift for her. He said he had other matters to attend today and would make it up to me tomorrow. I just decided to buy Emma something related to fashion and cosmetics since I remembered she was into those kinds of things.

"Thank you for the purchase, ma'am! Please come again!" the saleslady said politely after I bought the chosen earrings. A professional smile plastered on her face thick with makeup and courteously bowed her head to me.

The chilly wind of November swept over me as I departed the store. The winter season was still in a couple of weeks and yet, it was starting to get relentlessly colder each day. My body shivered a little and I let out a violent sneeze in the process. I sniffed loudly. "Damn, it's so cold out here," I grumbled under my breath as I rubbed both of my arms to keep myself warm.

I continued to take an aimless stroll around the bustling streets of Shibuya until I coincidentally crossed paths with Draken. He was in his usual checkered haori with a black hoodie underneath.

The tall blonde raised his hand for a friendly wave and smiled at me. "Hey there, Y/N-chan."

"Good to see you, Draken-kun," I greeted back. "Where are you going?"

He shrugged. "To the arcade." Then, I saw his face glow up as if an idea struck his head. He quickly snatched my wrist. "Come with me for a sec, Y/N. I need you for something."

I gave him a quizzical look. "Need me for what?"

Draken didn't say anything and just dragged me toward the arcade center without sparing me the chance to retort.

We entered the said establishment crowded mostly with teenagers our age and waltzed our way further inside until we reached a certain claw machine loaded with pink furry teddy bears.

I sweatdropped. I did not see this coming. It didn't take any rocket science to figure out what this blonde guy was planning to do. I glanced at him weirdly. "Uh, are you serious?"

"More than ever," Draken stated once he bought enough tokens for the claw game. He inserted a token and cracked his knuckles as if he was up for an all-out war. "Alright, let's do this shit."