THIRTY-TWO: Winter Date

Sorry everyone if this update took a while. The author got sick with the flu and had just recovered. Please enjoy the chapter!

Author's Note: Cussing. Profanities. A bit of mature language.

"WHAT DID you do to him?!? Answer me!!!"

"Hm? What are you talking about, Y/N? I did nothing wrong. He did that to himself."

"No, he didn't, you liar! You made him do that!!! He trusted you!!! And this is how you repay him!!! You hypocrite!!!"

"Why blame me? It's not my fault. All of this was his choice, Y/N. Not mine. Too bad he trusted me too much. That's a huge mistake on his part."

"You sick bastard! How could you?!? You pushed him to his death, you monster! Bring him back! Bring my brother back! I--"

Buzz! Buzz! Buzz!

I gasped and jolted wide awake at the blaring sound of the alarm clock. My eyes were momentarily blinded by the sunlight seeping through the slit between the curtain panels. Once my vision had adjusted to the morning light, I groggily rolled over to the edge of the bed near the nightstand and stretched out my arm to stop the annoying alarm. Then, I supported myself to sit upright and recalled the dream I just had.

Wrong, it was no ordinary dream.

It was a flashback of a few years before. It was an old memory I tried so hard to erase at the back of my mind.

But why appear in my dreams now?

I shook my head forcefully. No, I shouldn't bother myself thinking about the past now. It wasn't like I was taking a trip down memory lane. That person was not worth remembering at all.

After a few more minutes of dilly-dallying, I checked the time on the alarm clock and reluctantly got out of bed. I fixed the bedding first before going to the bathroom to brush my teeth and stripped off my pajamas to take a quick shower.

Today was Sunday. I made a promise to Mikey we'd go on a date this weekend since I had nothing to do at home. The cafe shop was also coincidentally closed for a year-end inventory and Grandma went to Tokyo to take care of some business.

After drying my hair with a blow dryer, I stepped out of the bathroom in my underwear and sauntered over to the closet. I picked the clothes I thought were decent enough to wear for the date. I knew Mikey could care less whether or not I looked presentable in his eyes. Then, I stared at my reflection in front of the mirror and was satisfied with my appearance.

Ding! Dong!

Grabbing my pouch and my flip phone on the nightstand, I marched out of the bedroom in a hurry and sprinted downstairs when I heard the doorbell ring; thinking it was my boyfriend.