FORTY-THREE: The Incident Around The Neighborhood

Author's Note: Cussing. Profanities. Fluff. May have content not suitable for young readers. Please be advised.

 Please be advised

Y/N

"HM. WHAT else should I buy?" I asked myself as I roamed around the nearby convenience store to look for some necessities needed to buy for the house. The very first thing I did since the start of the new year was grocery shopping.

Luckily, most of the convenience stores were open even during holidays or I would've died of starvation. I just realized I forgot to restock the fridge the other day when I found nothing to cook for breakfast. And now, I was suffering the consequences of my stupidity by trying to ignore the fact I was going through extreme hunger.

I tossed some cups of noodles, vegetables, meat, a small tray of eggs, and water bottles into the basket. I also added other essentials like toiletries, tampons, and a bottle of shampoo from the labeled shelves. When I thought I already had everything I needed, I walked over to the cash register and purchased all of the items with the provided allowance I received for the week.

"Huh? Y/N-san?"

I was munching a dorayaki on my way home when I stumbled upon Takemichi along the road. He was wearing a red bomber jacket and brown khaki pants with his bleached yellow hair tousled. His scarred left hand was holding a plastic bag full of snacks. "Oh, hey, Michi."

Takemichi jogged toward my side and stared down at the grocery bag I was carrying.

"So, you're doing groceries?"

"M'yeah. Obviously. What about you? What's with all the snacks? Your friends came by today?"

He rubbed his nape. "Kinda."

The two of us started to walk down the same path together. An awkward silence befell between us. I could feel Takemichi's stealthy glances in my direction from time to time. It was as if he badly wanted to strike up a conversation with me but did not know what to talk about.

"So, um, how are things between you and Mikey-kun, Y/N-san?" he eventually asked, breaking off the ice.

"The same. Mikey's still Mikey. Our relationship's doing great. What about you and Hinata?"

"We're both fine. I actually want to thank you for helping us get back together. I heard from Hina what you guys all did."

I shrugged nonchalantly. "It's nothing. I'm just glad you two reconciled. It was in fact Emma's idea in the first place." I stared at his face still with visible traces of his fight against their rival gang. "How's your bruises?"

Takemichi absentmindedly touched the small plaster on his cheek. "Oh, it's healing well. There are only a few scratches."

I hummed. "That's good." I turned my attention back to the road. "Chifuyu-kun told me you fought the Black Dragon's boss head-on and got you beat up real good."