FORTY-FOUR: The Guy In The Photo

Author's Note: Cussing. Profanities. Mention of suicide.

Y/N

Y/N

"INUI... SEISHU..." I mumbled in a dreadful tone. I felt a tight knot in my stomach as the name fell into my ears like it was an unspeakable curse. Along with its familiarity held feelings of endless resentment that will never fade away as long as those scarred memories remain. Why did I have to hear that name again when I tried to forget everything related to that tragic past?

"What's the matter, Y/N?" Mikey asked as he walked back to me, seeing how I paused and was suddenly lost in my own thoughts. His hand reached up to touch the side of my face and stared at me with a look of concern. "Your face is pale. Are you alright?"

I only gave my blonde boyfriend a meek nod. "I-I'm fine, Mikey. This is nothing."

His brow furrowed unconvincingly. "Are you sure? Was it something I said?"

I instinctively shook my head. I wanted to avoid his last question as much as possible. If only I could share all of my burdens with him, it would at least help me lessen the weight I was carrying on myself. However, it wasn't that simple. "No, it's not. Don't think about it. I really am fine."

I simply removed his hand from my face and clasped it with mine; our fingers laced. A soft smile flitted across my face, trying to mask my anxiety.

"Let's just go downstairs, okay? I need to check my groceries to see if they're still intact. Especially the eggs I bought."

Mikey plastered a silly grin. His pitch-black eyes showed a glint of playfulness. "Oh, well I thought mine was crushed earlier."

My jaw dropped over this guy's ludicrous jest and I blushed furiously. I was flabbergasted and thought I just lost my language ability at this bastard. Was he really not going to stop with his jokes? Why did I have a boyfriend this overly shameless? "You...!"

He guffawed as if my dumbfounded reaction was a laughing matter to him. He pinched my nose. "You're so funny, Y/N-chin."

I flung his hand away and glared at him in daggers. "Stop laughing, you shameless jerk!" I snapped. It seemed like his other cheek needed to be slapped as well just to stop his foolishness.

Mikey's laughter gradually died down and footed an inch closer to me. In a swift motion, I found myself trapped in his arms with his head slumped against my shoulder.

"What are you doing, Mikey?" I asked as I felt his lips brushing the side of my neck and his nose sniffing my scent.

"Hm? I just want to take in your scent, Y/N," Mikey breathed lowly before he licked and then, nibbled on my exposed flesh.

A sharp gasp slipped out of my mouth. "Ah...! M-Mikey...!" My arms reflexively wrapped around him and my hands clutched the back of his shirt for support. My knees began to wobble as he continued to suck on my skin like a bloodthirsty vampire. "Mikey, mm...! Hey, s-stop! Someone might see us!"