THIRTEEN: The Theme Park

Author's Note: Cussing. Profanities. Fluff.

IT WAS almost the end of summer vacation

After I was discharged from the hospital the other day, I started to work my ass off day and night just to accomplish all of my unfinished homework before the start of another semester.

My grandma also didn't allow me to help at the cafe shop in the meantime and told me to focus on recuperating first. Then, she strictly reminded me not to stress myself and always eat nutritious foods. She knew I had a very unhealthy lifestyle because I would usually eat instant ramen noodles for lunch or dinner. But what can I do? It's either I'm busy or just too lazy to cook any decent meals for myself.

And right now, I'm eating a cup of ramen while finishing an essay on Japanese Literature in the living room.

There was a sudden ring on my flip phone.

My face immediately turned sour to see Mikey's name flashed on the screen. What does this beansprout want now???

I pressed the receiver after a few persistent rings.

"What is it?" I asked directly without greeting him.

[Hey, Y/N. Are you busy right now?]

"Yeah. I'm in the middle of doing my essay. Why? Do you need something?" Oh, god. I thought he'll leave me alone for the next few days and make my life peaceful since I just recently got out of the hospital. Yet, he suddenly made a damn phone call. What do I expect from an obstinate guy like him?

[Not really. I just wanted to check up on you. How are you?]

I could feel a faint blush burning my cheeks. "I'm alright, Mikey. Although, Grandma Chiyo forbid me to help at the cafe shop for a while until I got fully recovered. She told me I should take care of myself."

Mikey hummed in agreement. [Grandma Chiyo is absolutely right. You have to watch out for your health.]

"Yeah. What about you?"

[Oh, me? Just strolling with my babu. I'm actually outside of your house right now.]

I stopped short. "Eh? What?"

Without further ado, I was already dragging my feet to open the front door and nearly dropped my phone to see Mikey in his jinbei leaning against a light post with his motorbike next to him. Wait a second, wasn't this scenario way too familiar? Am I having a deja vu?

Ending the call, I hurriedly stepped out of the house and strode my way toward him. Noticing my presence, Mikey greeted me with a friendly wave and a bubbly smile adorned his lips.

"Hey there, Y/N."

"What are you doing here, Mikey?" I couldn't help but ask incredulously. I was awfully amazed by this guy's unique habit to surprise people. Does this blonde have nothing better to do other than disturb someone else's day?