Chapter 31- 40

Chapter 31 Cooking pig fat

She saw tangerine over at the county city's supply and demand cooperative last time and none at the community's supply and demand cooperative. At that time, she did not think about this as there were apples, pears, and grapes in the space and end up not buy it.

Now she regretted it.

Since she was all day at home, the sweater knitting was naturally fast. At night they ate seaweed and shrimp congee. She worked overtime on the knitting for a while and finished knitting Er Wa's sweater.

The next day, she got Da Wa and his brothers to stay at home. The Kang was heated and they were fully-fed. They just need to babysit San Wa. She will return as soon as possible.

She walked faster because there were three children alone at home. Once she arrived, Mei Jie handed it over. She also gave Mei Jie a piece of soap.

Her space contained a few boxes of it. There were ten pieces of soap in a box. She got both of the laundry and bath ones.

At a glance, Mei Jie knew that the soap must have been bought from the county city, otherwise, it wouldn't be so pretty and fragrant.

Naturally, she dare not accept such a good thing from her. Lin Qing He said to her: "Jie, please accept it. Don't be polite with me. Just for the bones you got for me, I must thank you."

For two yuans, Chen Mei brought her half a jin of fatty meat and half a jin of lean meat. On top of that, three ribs, two large bones, and a half pair of pig ears.

This was definitely enough.

In addition to these, she also gave two jins of kerosene.

She did pay, but this quality soap was a token of goodwill for Chen Mei, because she could see that Chen Mei was a good person even though she was a little proud when she first met her.

Seeing that she was really sincere in giving it, Mei Jie accepted it. This kind of soap was very good to use. Without two yuans, one can't buy it. She whispered: "There isn't much kerosene this time. Next time, there's a new batch, I'll set aside more for you. "

"Thank you, Mei Jie." Lin Qing He nodded.

Bidding goodbye to Mei Jie, Lin Qing He put everything in the basket, covered it with a cloth, and returned home.

Once she got home, she took out the fatty meat in the space as well to prepare for oil extraction.

"Send it over to your grandfather." Lin Qing He gave them a white bun. As for the brothers, she gave no more.

The brothers showed no hesitation when they heard that they would send it to their grandfather.

They wrapped it in oil paper, placed it in his arms, and delivered it to old Zhou's house.

These days were too cold, Father Zhou had been on the kang. He smoked a big cigarette and felt comfortable.

"Grandpa, we came." Da Wa and Er Wa grinned.

"Why are you two brothers here?" Father Zhou asked with a smile.

"Grandpa, this is for you to eat." Da Wa took out the oil paper from his arms and gave it to their grandpa.

"What is this?" Father Zhou paused for a moment and asked.

"Grandpa will know when you look at it." Blinking, Er Wa declared.

Father Zhou received it and then saw this was a hot white bun. Stunned, he blurted: "Where did this come from?"

"Our mother bought it," Da Wa said.