Chapter 81- 90

Chapter 81. Temporary work

Because it was summer harvest, what they ate was relatively simple, but absolutely nutritious.

They had spring pancakes.

The spring pancakes were all packaged up and brought over by Lin Qing He from home.

Small pieces of meat, diced mushrooms, fried leeks with eggs, and her specially made tomato sauce and seasonal veg were all wrapped inside. The taste was particularly exquisite and delicious.

Along with this was soup. Lin Qing He had brought bowls, one for each person.

After eating they rested. Then chomped another fresh tomato, the taste was perfect.

The food on this side was definitely the best in the village. The old Zhou Family had no way to compete.

Second Sister-in-law watched the family of five over there eating spring cakes, especially on the bountiful fillings. The smell could drift over here.

"Eat so well, why doesn't she bring some over to Father and Mother." Second Sister-in-law grumbled as she chewed on her pancake.

"They already separated. Eat yours." Mother Zhou shoot a glance at Second daughter-in-law, who clearly wanted to stir trouble.

With these words, it got Second Sister-in-law to shut up. But she was greatly discontent on the inside.

Lin Qing He didn't stay long. She rubbed a layer of sunscreen on Zhou Qing Bai, Da Wa, and Er Wa. This was what she got while she collected her supplies. Two big cans of it.

It became handy at this moment. Da Wa and Er Wa were better as they joined in for the fun of it. Lin Qing He didn't stop it, but everyone must wear a hat.

Zhou Qing Bai was the main force. He sunburnt till he was red. Lin Qing He's heart felt unbearable at the sight.

"You don't have to apply this on me." Zhou Qing Bai said.

"I don't have much left here, only a few applications left." Lin Qing He stated.

Zhou Qing Bai's brows softened at this.

"Rest ba." Lin Qing He said.

Zhou Qing Bai nodded, led Da Wa and Er Wa to drowse.

Lin Qing He packed her things and took San Wa home. It was really hot today, like a fire.

But on such an important day, no one can escape it. They have to go to the field and speedily harvest. Lin Qinghe was lazy and never gone to the field, so everyone had accustomed it, feeling there was no reason to criticize.

As soon as the horn sounded, Zhou Qing Bai and the rest went down to harvest the field again.

Da Wa, Er Wa, and the other children were better off, the requirements from them weren't big. They were responsible for picking wheat ears in the field, which were calculated by weight for the work points. These children were quite hardworking.

But no matter how energetic they were, at the end of the day, it was also very exhausting.

When they returned home, Er Wa was laying on his father's back. Obviously, he was too tired.

Lin Qing He was startled, fearing he had a heatstroke, and declared, "Tomorrow, Er Wa, don't go."

"No, I will go!" Er Wa instantly replied.

"Not tired?" Lin Qing He eyed him.

"Not tired!" Er Wa nodded.

Judging by how he was,Lin Qing He left him be. She reminded him: "If you are tired immediately go to rest, understood?"