Chapter 61- 70

Chapter 61. White-eyed wolf

During this kind of winter day, there was basically nothing to do.

Lin Qing He had already knitted pants for the kids and herself. As for Zhou Qing Bai, there was no need. He said he wasn't used to wearing it, so Lin Qing He didn't knit one for him.

Taking advantage of the good weather, Lin Qing He decided to return to old Lin Family for fault finding and put San Wa under Zhou Qing Bai's care.

She planned for this day for so long.

Once she reached old Lin's House, Lin Qing He bumped into her Second Sister-in-law.

"Yo, younger Guzi is finally willing to come back ah. I thought younger Guzi wasn't going to come back to the maternal family this year!" Second Sister-in-law Lin enigmatically remarked.

"Why won't I come back to my own maternal family? This maternal family is my root. No matter where I go I won't forget it ah!" Lin Qing He cheerfully responded.

"Younger Guzi, why are you coming back to maternal family empty-handed this time?" Second Sister-in-law Lin gave a quick scan and snorted.

"What? So when you return to your maternal family, you carry big and small packages? Believe me, my mother would break your leg if she found out." Lin Qing He unsmilingly smiled.

Second Sister-in-law Lin's face sank. She harrumphed before storming back in.

Lin Qing He won't nurture her bad habits. Mother Lin came out due to voices outside. Eldest Sister-in-law Lin and Third Sister-in-law Lin also followed her out.

Shouldn't have called her Third older sister-in-law, as she was younger sister-in-law. (T/N: younger in rank as she was her younger brother's wife)

"No peace once you returned. What are you coming back for?" Mother Lin grumpily muttered.

"Oh, I must say, Mother, are you displeased that I'm empty-handed and no big and small packages at sight? The last time I returned, you didn't have this tone." Lin Qing He straightforwardly pointed out.

No need to suspect. Today, she came here to pick faults, so her speech won't be reserved.

Mother Lin felt she lost face, scolded: "What are you saying? Did I tell you to bring things back? You did it willingly. So why are you resenting me for?"

"Enough. I won't squabble with you over other matters. Zhou Qing Bai has retired from the army, so in the future, we have no income. Our family still has three kids to raise. It's fine if the adult starves but the kids have to eat. Since I brought so much money and things back home, shouldn't my maternal family support me a bit now that the family situation turned bad?" Lin Qing He simply stated.

These words had Mother Lin, Eldest Sister-in-law Lin, and Third Sister-in-law Lin were taken aback.

They weren't shocked by Zhou Qing Bai's retirement, but by Lin Qing He, this daughter/Guzi, actually daring to request this.

Old Lin Family had long received news about Zhou Qing Bai's retirement. They thought Lin Qing He would have already caused a scene but there was no message about her for a while now.

Putting aside this, she actually came back this time to take back the thing she gave her maternal family.

Doesn't she want face the most?

She actually dared to open her mouth on this kind of matter?

"I say, Guzi, you know what kind of situation old Lin Family is in. Our family can't even fill our stomachs. So what can we give you?" Second Sister-in-law Lin stepped out of the room after hearing her words and responded at once.