{ Chapter 70 }

<What do you think about the new book cover?>

"𝓢𝓱𝓮 𝓪𝓼𝓴𝓮𝓭 𝓶𝓮 𝔀𝓱𝔂 𝓭𝓲𝓭𝓷'𝓽 𝓘 𝓼𝓪𝔂 𝓼𝓸𝓶𝓮𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓪𝓫𝓸𝓾𝓽 𝓔𝓲𝓻𝓪, 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓘 𝓵𝓸𝓸𝓴𝓮𝓭 𝓪𝓽 𝓱𝓮𝓻. 𝓝𝓸 𝓸𝓷𝓮 𝓪𝓼𝓴𝓮𝓭" - 𝓓𝓪𝓶𝓸𝓷 𝓪𝓴𝓪 𝓸𝓷𝓮 𝓸𝓯 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓶𝓪𝓲𝓷 𝓬𝓱𝓪𝓻𝓪𝓬𝓽𝓮𝓻𝓼 𝓯𝓻𝓸𝓶 𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓼 𝓫𝓸𝓸𝓴 𝓽𝓲𝓽𝓵𝓮𝓭 '𝓓𝓪𝓷𝓸𝓷'

Chapter 70

"The infamous Damon kidnaps women to get to me. Wow"

The icicle barely missed his left cheek. I intended to do that.

"The famous Solain ignores Pitch's warnings and hides in her cave. Cute"

After the Scorpions left thinking Lady Solain arrived, which was in fact just me, I transformed and quickly came back here. I didn't know if I was surprised or disappointed.

Surprised because Damon was leaning against the wall holding, not only one but two katanas and ready to chat with me.

Disappointed because, honestly, I expected him to put a dash of the element of surprise and give a grand entrance.

"Hiding and scheming have two different meanings", I shot out four icicles purposely aiming for his face this time.

Damon's feet slid across the cement from the force of the sharp icicles as he blocked them with his katanas.

"Kidnapping and coincidence have different meanings too", he huffed regaining his posture before launching forward.

"Coincidence?!", I pulled my hand up creating an ice shield, "And for the record, the girl told me everything"

"Did she, now?", he smugly swung his katana again.

I barely missed it.

I shot out horizontal icicles from the side of the wall swinging on them like monkey bars.

"Why don't you cut the chase and tell me, after all this time, what is the purpose of this?", I swung one last time before landing on the dead-end of the alleyway.

Wrong move. He's five feet in front of me.

"I believe you already know", Damon whipped one of the katanas inches before my stomach.

I automatically held his hand with both of my hands elbowing him in the stomach.

He put out his foot behind my ankle tripping me. Damon twisted my arm behind my back slamming my face against the wall.

"Don't even think about it", he pressed the katana close behind my neck.

Okay, now I'm panicking.

"This is not a chat", I reminded him trying to knock some sense into him as my heart pounded aggressively.

"Give them to me", he sneered in my ear. The fun sarcastic Damon is gone. This is the criminal Damon.

"What?"

That was all that came out.

"Your powers!", I flinched as the sharp edge of the katana landed right beside my left eye.

"That's not how it works", my breathing came out shallow, "You can't get it out. I can't get it out. It's not in my blood!", I cried out.

"Listen here, Solain", the pressure on my arm is beginning to burn, "I need them. You don't deserve them. You don't even have her blood. You have ten seconds. Ten..."