{ Chapter 45 }

"𝓔𝓿𝓮𝓻𝔂𝓫𝓸𝓭𝔂 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓰𝓮𝓷𝓲𝓾𝓼. 𝓑𝓾𝓽 𝓲𝓯 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓳𝓾𝓭𝓰𝓮 𝓪 𝓯𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝓫𝔂 𝓲𝓽𝓼 𝓪𝓫𝓲𝓵𝓲𝓽𝔂 𝓽𝓸 𝓬𝓵𝓲𝓶𝓫 𝓪 𝓽𝓻𝓮𝓮, 𝓲𝓽 𝔀𝓲𝓵𝓵 𝓵𝓲𝓿𝓮 𝓲𝓽𝓼 𝔀𝓱𝓸𝓵𝓮 𝓵𝓲𝓯𝓮 𝓫𝓮𝓵𝓲𝓮𝓿𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓽𝓱𝓪𝓽 𝓲𝓽 𝓲𝓼 𝓼𝓽𝓾𝓹𝓲𝓭" - 𝓐𝓵𝓫𝓮𝓻𝓽 𝓔𝓲𝓷𝓼𝓽𝓮𝓲𝓷

Chapter 45:

"So now you're staying at the Kings'?!", Cayden's voice was shocked and amused

I called Cayden half an hour ago, and we have been chatting since. He was fixing himself some dinner and I was finishing unpacking my stuff. The call wasn't a video call, but only a voice call.

I know I have been packing for more than an hour, but I kinda lost track when I was scrolling through Pinterest about easy hairstyles to do for a formal dinner. Let me tell you. Those hairstyles weren't close to easy. I wished Cayden was with me so he can dutch braid my hair or something.

"Yeah...", now I'm sitting on the bed. Lexi woke up at the sound of Cayden's voice the second I put him on speaker. She started barking happily as Cayden cooed at her saying that he missed her too, "I'm sorry I didn't tell you that earlier..."

That’s right. I just told Cayden that I was staying at Ryder's house because they were invited to a formal dinner tomorrow. I was in no position to lie to my best friend. I should be thankful that the first question he asked me once he picked my call was: Where were you today at school? Are you okay? Did you get sick? Do you want to come over?

Yeah, I know. Cayden is the sweetest.

"About staying at the Kings?", he asked. I can hear some cutting in the background. He must be cutting fruits because he said he's doing pancakes with freshly cut fruit on the side.

"No", I sighed placing a hand on my forehead, "About Daniel being Ryder's younger brother. That when I was going to Daniel's house I was actually going to Ryder's too, you know?"

I feel bad...

"Annie", his voice turned serious, "It's okay. You told me now, right?"

"Yes I did, but-"

"That's all what matters. I understand that you didn't want to tell me back then. You needed space, and that's okay. I'm totally fine as long as you went to teach Daniel, and that's what you're doing, right?"

Haha. No

Wait till he finds out about the practice on the monkey bars. He's going to flip once he knows about how much contact we made.

"Of courses!", I forced a smile; it's not like he'll see me smile.

5:56 PM