{ Chapter 75 }

"𝓘𝓯 𝔂𝓸𝓾'𝓻𝓮 𝓰𝓸𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓽𝓸 𝓫𝓮 𝓫𝓪𝓭, 𝓫𝓮 𝓫𝓪𝓭 𝔀𝓲𝓽𝓱 𝓹𝓾𝓻𝓹𝓸𝓼𝓮. 𝓞𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓻𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓮 𝔂𝓸𝓾'𝓻𝓮 𝓳𝓾𝓼𝓽 𝓷𝓸𝓽 𝔀𝓸𝓻𝓽𝓱 𝓯𝓸𝓻𝓰𝓲𝓿𝓲𝓷𝓰" - 𝓓𝓪𝓶𝓸𝓷 𝓢𝓪𝓵𝓿𝓪𝓽𝓸𝓻𝓮 𝓯𝓻𝓸𝓶 𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓥𝓪𝓶𝓹𝓲𝓻𝓮 𝓓𝓲𝓪𝓻𝓲𝓮𝓼 𝓪𝓴𝓪 𝓘𝓪𝓷 𝓢𝓸𝓶𝓮𝓻𝓱𝓪𝓵𝓭𝓮𝓻

Chapter 75:

"I really don't know what had gotten into him, Damon", my shoulders sulked in disbelief

"And you really don't have to know", he softly applied the ointment to the swollen wound on my inner palm.

Earlier today, Felix went through an outburst. In a long story short, he wanted me to be his prom date and I refused because I was already going with Ryder because of the deal with Cayden. Ryder told him he was being disrespectful towards me, and after Felix shoved me, Ryder gave him plastic surgery with punches, which he, aka Ryder, also got hurt in the process.

Luckily for both of them, Cayden and I were able to stop the fight before further damage or, worse, a further trip to the hospital.

In case you've forgotten, it's a Monday night, and Damon refused to leave until he made sure I'm okay the second he noticed my bothered state. His stubbornness increased after he found out about my swollen right palm when he was kissing my hand.

I shouldn't have hissed when he held my hand as he lifted it to his lips. Darn it.

This brings us back to the current point where I'm sitting on the edge of the bathtub, close to the sink, with Damon kneeling beside me as he soothed the ointment over my red palm.

Ps. Our height difference doesn't help in this situation because he's still an inch taller than me sitting down and him kneeling beside me.

"I'm serious, princess", Damon inclined his head to meet my sight line before he stood up to wash his hands, "You are not obliged to find the reason behind every person's action. You have the right to feel whatever you want to feel and not be guilty about it, deal?"

"If I said yes, will you stop scolding me?", I let out a dramatic sigh and a playful grin while I watched him dry his hands after.

"Just say you'll be more careful, and you won't neglect your feelings for the sake of others...", he turned around with a sly smirk yet a serious look.

"And what will my reward be?", I strolled out of the bathroom with a smug expression.

"So this is how it'll be, hm?", I heard his voice getting near behind me as I made my way back to my room and towards my bed.

"I don't know what you're talking about", a giggle escaped as I sat on my bed not daring to make eye contact.

I felt the other side of the bed dip before I felt him moving towards the center of it, "Just say it, please", I felt him pull me, from my waist, in between his legs.