{ Chapter 53 }

"𝓘 𝓭𝓸𝓷'𝓽 𝓶𝓪𝓴𝓮 𝓶𝓲𝓼𝓽𝓪𝓴𝓮𝓼. 𝓘 𝓭𝓪𝓽𝓮 𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓶" - 𝓤𝓷𝓴𝓷𝓸𝔀𝓷

Chapter 54:

I turned on my phone to check out the time

1:08 AM

Oh, shoot. It's past midnight already?!

Who makes a four-hour dinner?!

Yup, you heard me right. The dinner took a whole four hours. Meaning if we started our first meal at about nine that means they served us a meal every forty-eight to fifty minutes.

Why?! Why me?!

I sighed dramatically looking at my reflection in the mirror. I'm currently in the bathroom stall washing my hands. The rest of the guests are still in the dining hall. I have no idea what they are still trying to discuss. Like for real though, they had four hours worth of chatting.

My legs are numb from sitting for so long. And no, it didn't feel like sitting four hours on TikTok, it felt like sitting six hours for a math lecture.

Yeah, I know.

Rip me.

Ryder was in the men's bathroom washing his hands. After I finished eating the dessert, we both decided to surpass everybody to the Ball Room. Plus, Ryder asked Amelia and she said that they will empty the dining room at 1:15 AM sharp.

I fixed my locks as my mind drifted to the business conversation I heard.

It turns out that Bill and Amelia's main goal of their business cooperation is to provide Non-profit Organizations with huge amounts of products supply with the least cost possible to distribute to people in need. How cool is that?

The shocking part is that the King's still gained a huge amount of profit by selling these products, and don't ask me how.

For example, this formal dinner was about medicine. From what I understood, Amelia and Bill want to make an ultra aid kit.

Like they are going to combine different, but safe medicine and first aid stuff from different medicine industries and put them in a one big first aid kit. I also noticed how Amelia and Bill took the most interest in Chinese medicine 'cause I believe it's the one that uses natural herbs the most. I also noticed that they are going for companies that produce vitamins and mineral pills more than the ones producing chemical-based medicine. I believe they want to choose the medicine that has the longest expiry date and the natural ones so if people overdose on it, it won't harm them as much.

To be honest, that's quite a smart technique.

I sighed, already tired, as I exited the stall which is on the same floor as the dining room.