{ Chapter 71 }

"𝓣𝓱𝓮𝓻𝓮 𝓲𝓼 𝓷𝓸𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓮𝓲𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓻 𝓰𝓸𝓸𝓭 𝓸𝓻 𝓫𝓪𝓭, 𝓫𝓾𝓽 𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓷𝓴𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓶𝓪𝓴𝓮𝓼 𝓲𝓽 𝓼𝓸" - 𝓕𝓻𝓸𝓶 '𝓗𝓪𝓶𝓵𝓮𝓽' 𝓫𝔂 𝓦𝓲𝓵𝓵𝓲𝓪𝓶 𝓢𝓱𝓪𝓴𝓮𝓼𝓹𝓮𝓪𝓻𝓮

Chapter 71:

"We've covered everything for today, so that will be all for today

"We've covered everything for today, so that will be all for today. Thank you everybody", Michael Pierce, the head of the SDG turned of the projector dismissing everyone.

I stood up smoothing my skirt as I collected my things off the table. I noticed that some stayed seated as they took a few more notes, most stood up discussing what we went over throughout the meeting, and a couple politely bid their goodbyes and left the room.

It's Sunday, and I just finished the meeting with the SDG. We covered many things, and some weren't directly related to me as Lady Solain, but I listened nonetheless.

After my conversation with Damon on Friday, I felt like I was punched in the gut as my sense of truth got messed up. Damon didn't visit me afterwards, and I haven't heard of him since. I spent my weekend writing down summary sheets, so it'll be easier for me to study on the week of the finals.

Oh, and I went over to the Kings because I had to tutor Daniel, as usual. However, what was unusual was that Ryder was out of sight. I didn't saw him once.

Anyways, now I'm going back to my house. Lexi is by herself, and it's almost eight at night.

"Miss Sweetheart, may I have a word?", Michael called me halfway towards the door.

"Yes, of course", I gave him a warm smile making my way towards the front of the desk.

He nodded at the last woman that left the room after she bid him goodnight before continuing to collect the stack of papers on the desk.

All of the staff left while I zoned out... I seriously need to work on my attention span.

"If you may forgive me, I'm taking up from your time", he let out a laugh placing the lid over the pen as he shoved it in his leather briefcase, "but a messy life gives you a messy desk", he joked as deep wrinkles on the side of his eyes showed up indicating his late age.

"No, I really understand, Mr Peirce", I let out a giggle.

Michael wasn't less than sixty years old, but if one only never saw him face to face, he would think he's at least forty years of age because of his young and enthusiastic soul.

"You know you can call me Michael when no one's around, Annie", he whispered smiling eventhough no one was around, "Come, walk with me", he lead me outside the doors and headed towards the elevator.

Michael was with me since the beginning, since the day of the incident. While I never met my dad, Michael did, and he would often tell me about him and what he was like. I am truly grateful he was by my side.